"It's Time For Google To Kill The Failed Nexus One"

This is a discussion on "It's Time For Google To Kill The Failed Nexus One" within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by DaveC It may have 'failed' in the US because of your competing and incompatible systems. We are yet to see how well ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "It's Time For Google To Kill The Failed Nexus One"

Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    It may have 'failed' in the US because of your competing and incompatible systems. We are yet to see how well it goes in Europe where such problems do not exist.
    Exactly. Though, given that it is now an older generation phone, we'll have to see what happens. Too bad it took so long to get it out in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by mbranscum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    What a bunch of BS. Yahoo France huh? :rofl3:
    It's Yahoo "Finance", not France. :rofl3:
    That's the joke - duh

Six months ago if you asked someone what android is they would look at you with a blank stare. Now ask the same question and people will be quick to say my brand new "x brand" has that os with 2.1 and I never thought a phone could be so much fun to use. Our N1's have led that change and will also do that with 2.2 and future updates. Android is a viable platform and the Nexus One proved that it can showcase the capabilities of this os. Will I buy a Nexus Two? You bet your butt and I expect it to again move things forward for the Android platform and others again will follow our lead.

Quote Originally Posted by mightytalldude View Post
    Six months ago if you asked someone what android is they would look at you with a blank stare. Now ask the same question and people will be quick to say my brand new "x brand" has that os with 2.1 and I never thought a phone could be so much fun to use. Our N1's have led that change and will also do that with 2.2 and future updates. Android is a viable platform and the Nexus One proved that it can showcase the capabilities of this os. Will I buy a Nexus Two? You bet your butt and I expect it to again move things forward for the Android platform and others again will follow our lead.
    Amen...i love the n1 and will be first in line if they come out with a n2. and even outside the os I love the feel of the phone. Incredible feels like plastic in comparison.

It may have 'failed' in the US because of your competing and incompatible systems. We are yet to see how well it goes in Europe where such problems do not exist.
    You must be talking of AT&T and T-Moblie...As Verizon Rocks

Quote Originally Posted by Backnblack View Post
    You must be talking of AT&T and T-Moblie...As Verizon Rocks
    Huh? So what if Verizon rocks? It sucks that we have as many cell phone standards as providers. That's what killed the N1 in the US.

I don't think the N1 is dead or obsolete. It's still a very solid phone and there are plenty of other smartphones to be released soon that are beneath it's level. I think Google did a good job in coming out with a very capable phone in terms of hardware power and technology. I think Google is using this phone to test updates and run all it's software so it's nice to have the phone that is the standard for Google, but who knows when Google will adopt or come out with a better one.

I haven't had any problems really, not even with the t-mobile 3G (yet). I've just had to get use to the screen because i had been so damn use to the ease of the ipod touch.

Quote Originally Posted by windmill360 View Post
    I haven't had any problems really, not even with the t-mobile 3G (yet). I've just had to get use to the screen because i had been so damn use to the ease of the ipod touch.
    What's easier about the touch? (serious question, I've never used one)

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Touch screen works a lot better. A lot more accurate and multi touch works prefectly every time. NexusOne is a great phone nonetheless. However, when it comes to touch screen, it is no match to iPhone or iPod touch.

Quote Originally Posted by hawon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingsCool View Post
    Touch screen works a lot better. A lot more accurate and multi touch works prefectly every time. NexusOne is a great phone nonetheless. However, when it comes to touch screen, it is no match to iPhone or iPod touch.
    This. Though the ipod touch is the only other mobile smart device that i've owned, I think the touch screen is superior. Never have I had to touch an icon or something more than once than i've had to with the nexus one. I now have to press down a little harder (albeit slightly harder) than I did with the touch to avoid this happening.

I also never had any lagging with the keyboard or as many typing mistakes. I've tried smartkeyboard but it lags way more sometimes. I think Google should dedicate more research into coming up with a more efficient keyboard. This means spacing of each individual letter, and size too. Half the time spent sending a message is going back to proofread and then correcting the damn thing because i'm just not confident in the keyboard system.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links