My Nexus one cost me 1600$!

This is a discussion on My Nexus one cost me 1600$! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I had posted nearly a month ago when I received a brand new Nexus One with a screen burn in and was very reluctant to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Nexus one cost me 1600$!

I had posted nearly a month ago when I received a brand new Nexus One with a screen burn in and was very reluctant to have it replaced for this exact reason. I called and they set up a return where I was to mail the phone out and wait for a replacement. I then learned you can also do a swap, which is where you buy another phone, they mail it to you in it's bare bones form (only the body, no battery, sd or anything), and you mail out your damaged phone to them and wait for your refund. Well unfortunately I decided this option.

Big mistake

HTC acidentally charged me for 2 additional phones and I've been back and forth with them and my bank for a month! So when do I get my money back? HTC doesn't have an answer for me and have lied at least 3 times I called them telling me they sent the release to my bank may 3rd, but my bank never received it. My bank tells me the never got it but if there's a problem HTC can simply fax a form over on letterhead saying the hold may be released, HTC lied numerous times saying the sup would send it out and they never did.

So how long can a hold stay on an account? Neither my bank or HTC has any answers for me. Thanks for sending me a defective phone, screwing up my return royally, and not even attempting to make it right with a hold on my account for 1000$!

Any advise? Call the news stations? Comsumer advocate organizations? I'm tired of calling HTC, I've already spent a days worth of waiting on hold.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow. Man that's f'ed up. How did you pay for it..meaning did you use a credit card or a bank card? It's always recommened to use a credit card for larger purchases because you can dispute the charges. With bankcards you have less protection. I used to work for a credit card company and processed may disputes like this.
    Also just for future info: Try using Visa instead of Mastercard. Visa usually sides with the consumer and Mastercard with the vendor.
    Any ways, hope everything works out for you really soon.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

So your Nexus One did not cost you $1600, there was only the normal hold applied to your funds for a few days. Sounds like it will be cleard up. Banks sometimes take more than a week to update these things, be patient.

Mainly I'm amazed that a mistake would not be corrected right away, I was not supposed to be charged for two additional phones, and they put a hold on these funds April 19th, I am still waiting.

like keyplyr said, it will be cleared up soon. they're not going to just run away with your $1600. I know it's hard to be patient when you're out of that much money because of someone else's fault, but it will be cleared up.
    even if the mistake was cleared up right away, there is a big chance that it will not show up on your bank account right away, especially if it's during a weekend/holiday.

Maybe your bank and HTC need to talk. It doesn't seem that you being in the middle is helping.

Of course, YOU are the one that really cares about the issue due to the needing access to all your dollars.

In my dealings with HTC they were very nice and helpful. Have you tried asking them nicely to help you clear the problem? I know that my customer service rep was amazed that anyone would have enough credit limit on their CC to cover a hot swap. She said there was no way she would have enough limit to do a hot swap.

If you nicely play the living on the financial edge card, they might be more willing to help.

Just a thought... :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

I apologize for my apparent attitude, but I have been completely patient and friendly about this situation with every person I have talked to so far. My concerns are why I was charged for an additional phone two days after I set up the swap, why I haven't gotten the hold lifted when HTC says they sent the release May 3rd, and both they and my bank say it should have gone through instantly. I am not rich. I do love this phone though and am very satisfied with it's performance. Guess there's nothing to do but wait. I do however recommend people do not choose to swap.

Quote Originally Posted by paperclipchevy View Post
    I apologize for my apparent attitude, but I have been completely patient and friendly about this situation with every person I have talked to so far. My concerns are why I was charged for an additional phone two days after I set up the swap, why I haven't gotten the hold lifted when HTC says they sent the release May 3rd, and both they and my bank say it should have gone through instantly. I am not rich. I do love this phone though and am very satisfied with it's performance. Guess there's nothing to do but wait. I do however recommend people do not choose to swap.

Could have been an issue with the transaction not going through and it was dropped from the line, so the person running the transaction attempted again and then both went through (has happened at my work). If that is the situation then HTC can't do anything from their end, and it would fall on the banks shoulders. If it is only a hold then there shouldn't be any worries really seeing as it was possibly just a pre-authorization and the funds will be refunded to the account after a couple days.
    CyanogenMod 6.0.0

Part Monster, Part Machine, ALL ANDROID

Unhappy still no refund

It's been a month since HTC put a hold of a 1000 dollars on my account. I gave up on calling they or my bank weeks ago, still waiting.

Sound like HTC may be changing some stuff around... I was given this option back in March and it went very smoothly. I had my money back in just a few days after shipping the defective N1 back.
    Rooted Nexus One

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links