Where's my 1GHz snapdragon at ?

This is a discussion on Where's my 1GHz snapdragon at ? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; lol..idk, i uninstalled right after..lol..will do aagin and lt u know...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where's my 1GHz snapdragon at ?

lol..idk, i uninstalled right after..lol..will do aagin and lt u know

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    What's mahimahi under hardware. Sounds kinda fishy to me.
    mahimahi seems to be something to do with the sensors. I found this somewhere:

• Accelerometer: BMA150 3-axis Accelerometer per sensors.mahimahi.so in Nexus One ROM Dump.
    • Wifi Radio / Bluetooth / FM: BCM4329 in lib/modules
    • Magnetic Compass: AK8973 3-axis Magnetic field sensor/AK8973 Orientation sensor per sensors.mahimahi.so in Nexus One ROM Dump.
    • In libaudio.so I found “Stereo FM speaker” also referenced.
    • In libaudio.so I found “Routing audio to Speakerphone with back mic” reference.
    • Proximity Sensor/Light Sensor: Capella CM3602 per sensors.mahimahi.so in Nexus One ROM Dump.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    What's mahimahi under hardware. Sounds kinda fishy to me.
    mahimahi is legit, my guess is this was one of the "codename" of the device, prior to finalizing on Nexus One. You can see the board filenames here for the N1. android.git.kernel.org Git - kernel/msm.git/tree - arch/arm/mach-msm/ Lots of mahimahi.

I finally found something that links qualcomm snapdragon to ARMv7. This puts my mind at rest. I haven't mistakenly bought some cheap copy of an N1.

Flash 10.1 snubbing non-ARMv7 Android devices, too? (update: yes) -- Engadget
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SENTY View Post
    i imagine it has speed stepping and jumps up and down in speeds depending on how much power is needed to save battery life.. all cpu's do that these days
    I'd started my reply before you posted yours. That explains it, but it also brings up the question of SetCPU and why it would be needed. If the phone is sleeping then it should be able to reduce the speed anyway. There shouldn't be a need for a setcpu app.
    True, but how has Google "tuned" it. SetCPU allows you to take the CPU to the extreme end of min/max to get the most battery life and to force it to stay there despite the actual CPU resources required to deliver a smooth experience.

Still... don't see why Google couldn't surface this in a SetCPU like UI in settings. Maybe they're scared people will underclock and complain the N1 is too slow.

so we dont need setcpu,am i reading this correct?feck me this phone turns up something new everyday

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    so we dont need setcpu,am i reading this correct?feck me this phone turns up something new everyday
    I wouldn't necessarily make that leap yet. All these people who've rooted and seen the benefit of setcpu can't be imagining it. They're talking about substantial reduction in battery use.

Quote Originally Posted by tonybhoy View Post
    If you're not satisfied with your battery life, you need it. Or something else to help, like a bigger battery.

Battery life on a stock N1 doesn't cut it for me. More control over the CPU like SetCPU offers is one way to fix it.

Yes the phone automatically adjusts the CPU, duh! running max speed all the time would make for dead batteries and hot phones.

What SetCPU does is really LIMIT the CPU under circumstances, ie
    can't go above minimum when sleeping (most of the battery savings is here)
    set a lower max CPU when charging to keep CPU cool
    lower max CPU at intervals of low battery to save battery

SetCPU is also required for overclocking I believe. SetCPU also helps you line up with the voltages on different kernels
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

cxm
    Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post

The ARMv7 still seems wrong though. Or did Qualcomm buy ARM at some point? Still a bit confused.

Edit: Yaaay, this time I got 998.4MHz.
    As I understand it, ARM just develop the processor architecture, the do not manufacture anything - so it is possible that it is detecting an ARM architecture that was manufactured by Qualcomm or others

quote from wiki page

"Semiconductors - Qualcomm designs various ARM architecture CDMA and UMTS modem chipsets designated Mobile Station Modem (MSM), baseband radio processors, and power processor chips. These chipsets are sold to mobile phone manufacturers such as Kyocera, Motorola, Sharp, Sanyo, LG and Samsung for integration into CDMA and UMTS cell phones. Although a "fabless" semiconductor company, meaning Qualcomm does not engage in the actual manufacturing process, the chips the firm has designed are powering a significant number of handsets and devices world wide, both in CDMA and UMTS markets. As of summer of 2007, Qualcomm is among the top-ten semiconductor firms, after Intel, Texas Instruments, Samsung, and a few others."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links