Does anybody here not use task killers?

This is a discussion on Does anybody here not use task killers? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I don't use one. But I'm not a heavy user either. Every once in a while I just manually close open apps that I'm not ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody here not use task killers?

I don't use one. But I'm not a heavy user either. Every once in a while I just manually close open apps that I'm not using.

I use one and find it indispensable with this phone.

i don't use it. i tried couple times and found out it doesn't help at all..

I don't use one. Nothing seems to lag and my battery lasts just as long. In fact my task killer caused problems where my phone would randomly restart all of the sudden.

I don't use a Task Killer either..

I just sometimes go thru my Settings/Applications and see whats running and close what I dont see fit running always..and my phone on one charge can easily go thru the whole day without a recharge (I start work 4am and when i get home at 4:30/5pm I have a good 25% left in battery) which I use for calls..internet/apps etc etc..stock battery too.

I don't use one.

you know I used to use an automatic one, etc. then read about how you don't need one and such so I removed it. But I did notice a difference. I download one again and I use it to kill most apps except the ones I want to keep running upon start up (including the task killer itself) it kills almost 22 applications and frees up alot of memory, then my phone runs quick the whole time its on and I never need to reuse it all, only start up.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    ..frees up alot of memory, then my phone runs quick
    It's an illusion. Having memory that's not being used does not make the phone run quick (what ever the heck that's supposed to mean.)

The N1 is designed to shut down apps as needed. If your phone is not doing this, then it is not working properly and you should send it in for repairs.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    I use it. When my lags I just kill all the apps. It helps alot.
    Exactly. I used to think it doesnt help but every once in a while advanced task killer makes my fone run smoother.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    ..frees up alot of memory, then my phone runs quick
    It's an illusion. Having memory that's not being used does not make the phone run quick (what ever the heck that's supposed to mean.)

The N1 is designed to shut down apps as needed. If your phone is not doing this, then it is not working properly and you should send it in for repairs.

thats what i thought, but its not... ill have to make a video. its pretty clear how it starts to run less smooth and then freed up it runs smoother, even moving screen to screen. perhaps the phone shutting apps down to load other apps slows the phone a touch?
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links