Does anybody here not use task killers?

This is a discussion on Does anybody here not use task killers? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by dimmakherbs Originally Posted by keyplyr Originally Posted by dimmakherbs ..frees up alot of memory, then my phone runs quick It's an illusion. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does anybody here not use task killers?

Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    ..frees up alot of memory, then my phone runs quick
    It's an illusion. Having memory that's not being used does not make the phone run quick (what ever the heck that's supposed to mean.)

The N1 is designed to shut down apps as needed. If your phone is not doing this, then it is not working properly and you should send it in for repairs.

thats what i thought, but its not... ill have to make a video. its pretty clear how it starts to run less smooth and then freed up it runs smoother, even moving screen to screen. perhaps the phone shutting apps down to load other apps slows the phone a touch?
    As I type, I am sitting with a friend from Qualcomm, manufacturer or the Snapdragon chipset. He assures me task killers do not make the phone "run quicker" and in fact may inadvertently shut down needed operations that effectively will end up making your phone run less quicker - LOL

It's an illusion. Having memory that's not being used does not make the phone run quick (what ever the heck that's supposed to mean.)

The N1 is designed to shut down apps as needed. If your phone is not doing this, then it is not working properly and you should send it in for repairs.

thats what i thought, but its not... ill have to make a video. its pretty clear how it starts to run less smooth and then freed up it runs smoother, even moving screen to screen. perhaps the phone shutting apps down to load other apps slows the phone a touch?
    As I type, I am sitting with a friend from Qualcomm, manufacturer or the Snapdragon chipset. He assures me task killers do not make the phone "run quicker" and in fact may inadvertently shut down needed operations that effectively will end up making your phone run less quicker - LOL

That can also be the case. That is why I selectively kills apps I don't even use (eg. AMZ MP3) or aren't using at the moment, and typically when an app I've launched is not behaving (eg. Maps,etc.). Often, another app has priority access to the data connection, and launching another app on top causes both to begin stalling to a crawl. A quick sweep with a task killer gets things back to normal in a matter of seconds.

Re: Does anybody here not use task killers?

Task killers are completely unnecessary on an Android smartphone.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AhmedEltawil View Post
    Task killers are completely unnecessary on an Android smartphone.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    You would have slammed your phone against the wall during some of the apps I've beta'd on this phone, without a taskiller.

There's actually no need for task killers but I also use them because I don't want Apps run in background if I rarely use them. Rarely like only every 3 days.
    I also always kill the bluetooth and gtalk stuff since I never use it.
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Quote Originally Posted by xPatriicK View Post
    There's actually no need for task killers but I also use them because I don't want Apps run in background if I rarely use them. Rarely like only every 3 days.
    I also always kill the bluetooth and gtalk stuff since I never use it.
    My thoughts Exactly
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

i dont use them either,just a thought can i uninstall google voice as we dont get to use it in the uk?

I use it. If my phone lags, I hit the task killer widget and it says something like "4 apps killed 45M memory available". Once in a while it says something like "85M memory available." Weird.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Without a task killer, I can get 48 to 72 hours of up time before my phone starts getting progressively more buggy and laggy. It lags, the touch screen bugs out, and I have strange things happen during calls (static or people can't hear me). With a task killer I can get 150 or more hours of up time from the phone before it starts to have issues.

People can repeat that it doesn't help until they are blue in the face, but the fact remains when my N1 gets laggy, I load up task killer and hit the button, my phone runs 100% better. Go ahead and tell me it doesn't work, but I've seen it first hand. It does.

You really should get a task killer where you can select specific apps, so that you don't close anything important. But beyond that... there is no danger. How could you say it does not help?

Tried not using it and my battery is definitely running out faster then when I used it

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links