Is It Possible to Simultaneously Connect Two Bluetooth Headphones?

This is a discussion on Is It Possible to Simultaneously Connect Two Bluetooth Headphones? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Here is my dilemma. I want to use a bluetooth mp3 player, ipod, or itouch while me and my gf are out mountain biking so ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Is It Possible to Simultaneously Connect Two Bluetooth Headphones?

Here is my dilemma. I want to use a bluetooth mp3 player, ipod, or itouch while me and my gf are out mountain biking so that we can listen to the same music. I did read all of the previous posts and reviewed the various links but I am looking for all suggestions to remedy this problem.

To the best of my understanding the playing device must first be bluetooth then I must purchase another device such as a dongle2 in order to pair 2 different bluetooth headphones. I am still a little blurry on this.

Has anyone tried using 1 set of wired headphones with playing device then connecting a set of bluetooth to enable 2 ppl to listen to the same music. Is it possible to send music from one device to another like individuals send games via bluetooth?? What are my best options???

Please help!!!!

found something at monoprice

I've been looking for this too.

I've found this bluetooth "splitter" on Monoprice. I haven't bought it, but that might just do the trick
    Last edited by cali; 04-21-2015 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Removed External Link

Welcome to the forum guys! We are delighted that you both chose to join our forum!
    GSM Galaxy Note 3 (Black) - Straight Stock
    GSM Galaxy Note 2 (Titanium) - Rooted running Jedi X20 Rom
    GSM Galaxy Nexus (Black) - Straight Stock

GSM Samsung Galaxy S3 (Red) - Rooted running Deadly Venom v8.0.1 Rom

Quote Originally Posted by shizane101 View Post
    Is it possible to connect 2 bluetooth heaphones simultaneously to one device? I've tried doing a Google search, but either no one has asked this question, or I'm not searching using the right terms. I ask because my wife and I both have bluetooth headphones. When we want to watch a movie, we can't connect both headphones at the same time. Any one have any ideas? Maybe an app can fix it?
    I have the same issue. I have two solutions. Arctic Equipment sells a USB Bluetooth Mini Adapter that is capable, with their soft wear to link to up to 3 headphones to a computer. An other way to do this is to use a Y adapter to the audio out and connect two bluetooth transmitters (cost about $30 or so each). I hope this helps. I would like to know if there are any other perhaps better solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by shizane101 View Post
    Is it possible to connect 2 bluetooth heaphones simultaneously to one device? I've tried doing a Google search, but either no one has asked this question, or I'm not searching using the right terms. I ask because my wife and I both have bluetooth headphones. When we want to watch a movie, we can't connect both headphones at the same time. Any one have any ideas? Maybe an app can fix it?
    According to the applications listing in the play store, Smart Bluetooth Widget Free can do this. I don't have two anymore so i can't verify, but may be worth a shot!!!

"This is a must have widget for your android if you have any bluetooth devices.
    It adds a bluetooth icon to your home screen, and by just clicking on it, It will display you the list of paired devices and you can just click and connect to your bluetooth devices. No need to go to settings screen, turn the bluetooth on, and connect to your devices.
    With this widget, It's as easy as one click!
    When you walk away from your bluetooth device, this widget not just cancels the bluetooth connection, It also turns off the bluetooth to save more from the battery.
    You can also connect to multiple bluetooth devices at the same time. You can connect to your speaker, and your headset at the same time.

so I'm not really sure what would/wouldn't work...

Ok, so let's take it up a notch! What about...

Me and a friend are wanting to record gameplay on our Xbox 360 along with commentary. We have the 360 connected with the Elgato Game Capture, so it records the gameplay just fine. But while the Elgato does appear to have Bluetooth capability, it still won't let us use two mics at one time! The mics are on Turtle Beach XP400 headsets, which are Bluetooth. Is there a way to combine the two Bluetooth signals (the one from my mic and the one from his) into one signal and then have the software pick that signal up as one microphone?

Likely not. But if not, what's the best alternative, in your opinion?

(Note: Contrary to how it might've sounded, we have yet to purchase the headsets, which is why I'm asking this question here first.)

Welcome to the forum Vic!
    Sorry, I've never heard of a way to connect two Bluetooth devices at the same time.
    Good luck though. If you come across some way to do it, please come back and post an update.

tap'n

Quote Originally Posted by CR6 View Post
    Welcome to the forum Vic!
    Sorry, I've never heard of a way to connect two Bluetooth devices at the same time.
    Good luck though. If you come across some way to do it, please come back and post an update.

tap'n
    Well, Elgato sent me an email regarding the question and here was an interesting excerpt:

"You may need to use the Windows sound mixer (or the mixer utility of your sound card) to create a single source. There are a few FAQs available about this:

How To Enable ?Stereo Mix? in Windows 7 (to Record Audio) "

I replied asking for clarification and have yet to hear from them again (it's been a day now). The way they word it, it sounds like I should be able to connect two Bluetooth devices (such as the two mics) to my computer and then combine them into one "source" using the Windows sound mixer. But the link they gave me doesn't exactly confirm that!

Well if anyone here is familiar with the XP400s, maybe they could tell me if there's a way to connect it all together with wires? I wouldn't mind doing this temporarily for my recordings, but I'd still like it to be wireless whenever possible.
    Last edited by Vic2Point0; 10-27-2013 at 05:47 PM.

Interesting read, but that link has nothing to do with connecting two Bluetooth devices at the same time.

tap'n

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links