Is It Possible to Simultaneously Connect Two Bluetooth Headphones?

This is a discussion on Is It Possible to Simultaneously Connect Two Bluetooth Headphones? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Is it possible to connect 2 bluetooth heaphones simultaneously to one device? I've tried doing a Google search, but either no one has asked this ...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is It Possible to Simultaneously Connect Two Bluetooth Headphones?

Is It Possible to Simultaneously Connect Two Bluetooth Headphones?

Is it possible to connect 2 bluetooth heaphones simultaneously to one device? I've tried doing a Google search, but either no one has asked this question, or I'm not searching using the right terms. I ask because my wife and I both have bluetooth headphones. When we want to watch a movie, we can't connect both headphones at the same time. Any one have any ideas? Maybe an app can fix it?

2. # ADS
    Ads
    Google Advertisement
    Android.net is the premier Android Forum on the internet.

Belkin Headphone Splitter - Headphones splitter - Male Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm to FeM Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm

use one of these with 2 regular 3.5mm headsets........benefits include stereo sound and less power consumption.

Regards actually being able to connect 2 BT headsets to one phone i'm not sure but it sounds feasible.

like splitter

My husband and I use a splitter for long plane rides when we want to hear the same music. I never thought about using one to listen to the same movie! Good idea!

Just wanted to bump the thread because I'm still looking for an answer to this question. I have a hard time believing this isn't possible. I would think a lot of people would want to have this ablility. Escpecially now that there are tablets, I'd imagine 2 people would like to watch a movie on it while using two BT headphones.

Anyone?

I use a headphone amplifier with dual output, because I find the volume level a bit low for airplane rides (too much backgrounds noise, especially for the quieter part of a movie).

Never tried dual bluetooth, so I'm not really sure what would/wouldn't work...

Quote Originally Posted by danger-rat View Post
    I use a headphone amplifier with dual output, because I find the volume level a bit low for airplane rides (too much backgrounds noise, especially for the quieter part of a movie).

Never tried dual bluetooth, so I'm not really sure what would/wouldn't work...
    Yeah, I've got one of those Boostaroo Amps / headphone splitters. But who wants to jack with wires these days? Not me. I gave them up a long time ago.

I thought I'd give my old post a bump since this problem still really bothers me. I've recently scoured the Interent for an answer to this, but oddly, I don't find too many people asking this same question. I would think by now this is a real issue for people.

This should be a common scenario at this point:

Husband and wife board plane. Husband and wife own a tablet or Ipad. Husband and Wife both have bluetooth headphones and would like to watch the same movie at the same time.

So what's the deal? I'm looking at getting a new phone soon (probably the Galaxy S2) that will have Bluetooth 3.0. I've haven't read anything saying this problem has been resolved or even being worked on. And yes, make no mistake, it is a problem!

I would love to so the same,but I was thinking more like having 2 ppl on one call with...
    :nexusx: Vincent :nexusx:
    My first sci-fi novel is out! Details :http://losttalesofpower.com
    I just released my second novel! Details: The Academy

Asus Transformer & Dock - Stock OS
    NookColor - Not Rooted - Running CM7 on mSD
    AT&T Nexus One - Not Rooted
    SquareTrade Warranty - Purchased
    Case-Mate Tough Case + Screen Protector
    Wave Secure + Lookout

2 Headsets one Bluetooth Dongle

Hello,
    Would like to bump this too.
    Similar scenario as Shizane.
    Away camping, one laptop, two headsets and wanting to watch a movie.
    Yes, we can attach two corded headsets, but bluetooth is much more convenient.
    Like Shizane, surely this can't be an isolated problem???
    Thanks to anyone who can help, thanks Shizane for posting originally.

Quote Originally Posted by shizane101 View Post
    I thought I'd give my old post a bump since this problem still really bothers me. I've recently scoured the Interent for an answer to this, but oddly, I don't find too many people asking this same question. I would think by now this is a real issue for people.

This should be a common scenario at this point:

Husband and wife board plane. Husband and wife own a tablet or Ipad. Husband and Wife both have bluetooth headphones and would like to watch the same movie at the same time.

So what's the deal? I'm looking at getting a new phone soon (probably the Galaxy S2) that will have Bluetooth 3.0. I've haven't read anything saying this problem has been resolved or even being worked on. And yes, make no mistake, it is a problem!

Another *WIRELESS* option

Hi, I found this thread because I was looking for the same thing myself. Sadly, I have come to understand that the precise thing we are looking for is not really possible using a single bluetooth protocol. At least, it's not possible without altering the protocol, in which case, it would no longer be bluetooth (or at least wouldn't be bluetooth 3.0 or lower).

If the sole requirement is that the solution be that multiple wireless headsets are supported, then I'm afraid we'll have to drop the requirement that it also be bluetooth.

However, there is a simple, albeit less than elegant solution: Try using non-bluetooth wireless headphones. Simple RF wireless headphone sets should be able to receive on multiple headsets with a single transmitter (i.e. single dongle). In this case, the dongle would plug into your earphone jack, not a data port.

There are a number of non-bluetooth headphone sets listed online that use public RF channels, kind of like a stereo baby monitor built into headphones.

There are also FM transmitters (I got one at CVS for under 30 bucks) that allow you to port any audio from any 3.5 mm stereo jack to an FM broadcast receiver such as your car stereo. That way, you could use a couple of personal FM radios as your wireless headphone sets.

With either approach, the gained advantage is wireless audio from ANY device with a 3.5 mm jack.

One disadvantage since it is receive only, you
    cannot also use the remote control features of the bluetooth headsets. Another disadvantage is that somebody else might be able to listen in using another receiver, just like neighbors with the same model cordless phone. The third disadvantage is that using this approach, you cannot avoid using an external plug-in (whereas the bluetooth adapter is probably built into the box).

Scott

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Ads