Froyo performance benchmark

This is a discussion on Froyo performance benchmark within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; if this is on the level, then it is certainly exciting - Nexus 450% faster with froyo..... Android 2.2 vs Android 2.1: Froyo Is 450% ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Froyo performance benchmark

Froyo performance benchmark

if this is on the level, then it is certainly exciting - Nexus 450% faster with froyo.....

Android 2.2 vs Android 2.1: Froyo Is 450% Faster - android 2.2 - Gizmodo

bring it on!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Wow, there sure has been a bunch of whining over the last couple of weeks. Everyone thinking they should have got the Incredible instead of the Nexus One. This is why I made the decision to get the N1. Google is going to keep making it better and better. I know the incredible may get the 2.2 update at some point, but what phone is going to get it first. If the reports are true that Verizon and Google have had a few disagreements then the Incredible might never get this amazing update. Anyone regretting their purchase of the Incredible now?

Nexus One:The first and only superphone!

Google vs. Verizon "disagreements" have nothing to do with the Incredible getting Froyo. It's an open OS, and it's just a matter of Verizon being willing to troubleshoot and offer tech support for the update. Since the Incredible doesn't have that big of an installed base yet (compared to how it will be in a few months) it's actually much *more* likely that they will get Froyo ASAP.

Why would people whine about getting Incredible vs. Nexus One? They're on different carriers. The biggest difference is the camera, which is nice, but come on... If you're dying for SenseUI, just root it.

I don't know what you mean by calling the N1 the only superphone. It's svelte, but the N900 is pretty damn capable (has had Flash and better browsing for ages), the iPhone still has the best game selection, and the Droid has a great hardware keyboard. I can't stand the PalmPre, but some people love that WebOS... And then there's the HD2 and Supersonic.

It's just whatever works best for the user. Options are good.

Plus: The N1 is going to be second string by the beginning of next year with the wider incorporation of "Super AMOLED" screens and 1.5GHz SoCs, not to mention gradual implementation of 4g networks.

Back on topic: I wonder how they got such a performance boost? There was a lot of talk earlier about the build of Android's native Dalvik VM vs. JIT... did Google take this to heart..??

JIT is a Monster! I tested JIT beta on the N1 and I can tell you that it is FAST. Cant wait for Froyo!
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

not to be a noob, but what does J.I.T stand for?

Quote Originally Posted by android8282 View Post
    not to be a noob, but what does J.I.T stand for?
    Just In Time Compiler
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SaffronPlatypus View Post
    Google vs. Verizon "disagreements" have nothing to do with the Incredible getting Froyo. It's an open OS, and it's just a matter of Verizon being willing to troubleshoot and offer tech support for the update. Since the Incredible doesn't have that big of an installed base yet (compared to how it will be in a few months) it's actually much *more* likely that they will get Froyo ASAP.

Why would people whine about getting Incredible vs. Nexus One? They're on different carriers. The biggest difference is the camera, which is nice, but come on... If you're dying for SenseUI, just root it.

I don't know what you mean by calling the N1 the only superphone. It's svelte, but the N900 is pretty damn capable (has had Flash and better browsing for ages), the iPhone still has the best game selection, and the Droid has a great hardware keyboard. I can't stand the PalmPre, but some people love that WebOS... And then there's the HD2 and Supersonic.

It's just whatever works best for the user. Options are good.

Plus: The N1 is going to be second string by the beginning of next year with the wider incorporation of "Super AMOLED" screens and 1.5GHz SoCs, not to mention gradual implementation of 4g networks.

Back on topic: I wonder how they got such a performance boost? There was a lot of talk earlier about the build of Android's native Dalvik VM vs. JIT... did Google take this to heart..??
    I am not sure it is second string by next year. 2.2 will increase its staying power and tmob is rolling out their new network which does not require a "4g" phone to realize increased speeds.

Phones need to be compatible with +HSPA. I don't think that Nexus One is compatible with that. It uses a different frequency from HSDPA.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What makes you think is not compatible? Any sources to back this up or is this an opinion?
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Quote Originally Posted by SliceBurgSlim View Post
    JIT is a Monster! I tested JIT beta on the N1 and I can tell you that it is FAST. Cant wait for Froyo!
    I had it running long enough on CM5.0.6 to get a couple Linpak benchmarks out of it. I topped out at 18.992 and was pretty impressed with that. Unfortunately, it really wasn't stable enough to keep.

I had made a thread on xda for N1 benchmarks, hopefully it will start being used with the new release: Nexus One Benchmark results... - xda-developers
    Rooted Nexus One

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links