Muffled sound on callee's side

This is a discussion on Muffled sound on callee's side within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Ok, I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue...whenever I hold the phone on my right side between my face and shoulder (look ma ...

Thread: Muffled sound on callee's side

Muffled sound on callee's side

Ok,
    I'm wondering if anyone else is having this issue...whenever I hold the phone on my right side between my face and shoulder (look ma no hands!) the other person in the call say that it sounds like I'm under water or almost can't hear anything.

Now, the voice receiver isn't blocked at all so I'm wondering whats going on here. If I hold my finger over the mic on the backside it doesn't do it...only when the phone is wedged on my shoulder....

also, does anyone else put calls on hold all the time cause your ear touches the hold button???

lastly, the N1 is just about the best damn phone on google's green earth.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I get this even when I'm not using my shoulder. I'm convinced it has to do with covering the second mic, but I'm not sure why.

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    I get this even when I'm not using my shoulder. I'm convinced it has to do with covering the second mic, but I'm not sure why.
    Agreed. Thats what I was going to say.

The phone has a proximity sensor so that it knows that you have the phone up to your face during voice calls. That way, it turns off the screen lighting and disables the touch buttons.

It's entirely possible that some people are having problems with the proximity sensor.

When I pull the phone away from my face during a voice call, the screen comes back on. That's how it should work. Then I can use the touch buttons as well.

well I'm stumped cause when I hold the phone on my left should everything is okie dokie, its only on the right side that there is the problem, thats why I think its the second mic. But if I just Hold the phone normal, but cover the second mic with my finger its fine...

this is a weird one for sure

Yeah. That's what led me to the mic solution as well. I must say that my problem also occurs when I pull just the bottom of the phone away from my face (screen doesn't come on) to avoid greasing up the face because it's the end of the day and I have an oily face. Kinda pisses me off because I then have to put it right on my cheak and I spend the next 5 minutes cleaning the glass.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links