Has anyone ever sent an Unlocked(Warranty Voided) Nexus one ack to HTC for a swap

This is a discussion on Has anyone ever sent an Unlocked(Warranty Voided) Nexus one ack to HTC for a swap within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Heres what happened guys I bought the phone from a friend and it as having issues so we called HTC and we proceeded to do ...

Thread: Has anyone ever sent an Unlocked(Warranty Voided) Nexus one ack to HTC for a swap

Has anyone ever sent an Unlocked(Warranty Voided) Nexus one ack to HTC for a swap

Heres what happened guys I bought the phone from a friend and it as having issues so we called HTC and we proceeded to do a swap exchange but I found out that the phone was unlocked so it voided the warranty , What should i do? Send the phone back to HTC anyways ? Call them and tell them whats going on? What do you guys think?

Thanks for your help

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did the unlocking cause the issue? No? Then send it back. They will refurb it which will include unrooting the firmware.

There is always the possibility they will discover the root and charge you for it, but nobody has reported that happening yet.

Of course, if rooting the phone caused the problem, you should eat the problem.

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy0607 View Post
    ...but I found out that the phone was unlocked so it voided the warranty
    All N1s are unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by keyplyr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy0607 View Post
    ...but I found out that the phone was unlocked so it voided the warranty
    All N1s are unlocked.

I think he meant that the bootloader was unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by ardynine View Post
    I think he meant that the bootloader was unlocked.
    Sorry, he said his phone was unlocked and mentioned warranty concerns, I immediately translated that into ROOTED. That's a problem with my particular dyslexia. I see one word and my brain reads it as another. Makes looking for bugs in code a real problem

So jimmy0607 (the Original Poster), if you really meant your phone is UNLOCKED, yes, that is a normal state for Nexus Ones.

If you meant your phone is ROOTED so that someone could load in non-production ROMs or tether to a PC, then, my original comments stand. Try it.
    :nexusx:

AT&T ne:nexusx:us S on AT&T
    AT&T ne:nexusx:us one on Taiwan Mobile [Missing in Taipei]
    Archos 70 with UrukDroid

If its a actual hardware problem, flash the ORIGINAL stock images.

10/May ERD79 -> EPF21B - Stock ROM for Nexus One images / zip / online kitchen (optional root / insecure / himem) - Android @ MoDaCo

The stock images are all over the internet. If you have Cyanogen or Modaco, the boot image screens are different, and you need to replace them. Putting on the stock images, make it so your phone is ALMOST like factory new, except for the Unlocked icon on start. It WONT un-root your phone.

Send it to HTC. They fixed my phone both times where my phone was rooted with unlocked bootloader.
    @NEONmonstar
    Rooted NexusOne
    Cyanogen CM6 RC1 FROYO
    RA-nexus-v1.7.1-Cyan
    Galaxy S PRO Theme
    Desire Camera

I sent my first Nexus One back with microphone issues (the mic didn't work, and sound didn't play out the speaker, but when I plugged headphones in they worked fine). The Nexus was rooted, running the latest CM at the time, a modified kernel, and JIT. They sent me a new Nexus One and didn't even call me about the old one - they probably just replaced the main board and sent it on it's way as a refurb. As long as the issue is obviously hardware and not software, send it back!

Sorry about the confusion guys but yeah i meant that the boootloader is unlocked , what will hapen when HTC sees that , will they ask foor their phone back (since the warranty is voided) and will i get charged?

nt nt nt nt nt nt

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links