Moving to the UK

This is a discussion on Moving to the UK within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Currently, I have a BlackBerry Bold with AT&T. I am debating taking this phone to the gun range because it has become the source of ...

Thread: Moving to the UK

Moving to the UK

Currently, I have a BlackBerry Bold with AT&T.

I am debating taking this phone to the gun range because it has become the source of endless headaches between the actual phone and AT&T.

I am interested in the Nexus One primarily because of the great reviews it has gotten and also because of my love of Google. However, I am going to be moving to the UK for schooling for a year starting in Sept/Oct. I know the phone will work both in the US and UK, but I was wondering what options I had regarding the service plans and how I should go about getting the phone (locked or unlocked).

I was thinking I would just get the phone (initially) through T-Mobile. I figured I would save some money this way, even if/when T-Mobile hits me with the early termination fee for when I leave the country. Obviously, I don't want to be paying a contract for a service I am not using while I am overseas.

But, I am wondering how I would go about all of this, because I am also aware that T-Mobile is in the UK, too. Is there a way to kind of go back-and-forth with them in the US and UK and not pay fees?

Would I be better off just getting the phone unlocked and swapping pre-paid sim cards in and out when I travel back and forth...or should I go with my initial idea of getting it through T-Mobile?

Anyone have any guidance/suggestions?

Many thanks!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Re: Moving to the UK

im sure if y you told tm they would accommodate you, failing that just put any sim in and get the apn when in uk

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    my other phone's a nexus too

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links