A Video Of An Adobe Evangelist Showcasing Flash 10.1 Smoothly Running On A Nexus One

This is a discussion on A Video Of An Adobe Evangelist Showcasing Flash 10.1 Smoothly Running On A Nexus One within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Today we have a new video from Ryan Stewart , an Adobe evangelist, who shows off his [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Google-Nexus-One-Unlocked-Phone/dp/B00332YPHQ?tag=androidpolice-20"]Nexus One[/ame] running a Froyo build (thatís Android ...

Thread: A Video Of An Adobe Evangelist Showcasing Flash 10.1 Smoothly Running On A Nexus One

A Video Of An Adobe Evangelist Showcasing Flash 10.1 Smoothly Running On A Nexus One

Today we have a new video from Ryan Stewart, an Adobe evangelist, who shows off his [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Google-Nexus-One-Unlocked-Phone/dp/B00332YPHQ?tag=androidpolice-20"]Nexus One[/ame] running a Froyo build (thatís Android 2.2 for those who live in a cave) and Flash 10.1. In the video, Ryan and his shiny dome show off a handful of examples from fully featured Flash applications to video players playing videos, all relatively smoothly and crashing free (it *is* a pre-recorded demo though, I wonder how it performs in real-life conditions).
    Ryan visits the following sites:

• Ecodazoo.com which contains highly dynamic and complicated Flash content
    • Google Finance which has Flash stock charts
    • CBS playing an episode of How I Met Your Mother (I LOVE this show)
    • NHL playing a video of a hockey game
    • Kongregate.com running a Flash game called Alchemist
    • Martha Stewartís site with a Flash menu slider
    • BBC News with a Flash slideshow

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0y7XJI4NN7k&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0y7XJI4NN7k&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

The Android Flash player apparently has an ability to use a special video codec optimized for mobile. If it doesnít detect such a mobile video stream, the player shows a message: "this video is not optimized for mobile", which, according to Ryan, doesnít appear to affect playback quality/lag much.
    In order to activate Flash specific controls on an embedded Flash application, you will need to perform a single click on any part of the Flash object.
    Double clicking will result in a full-screen zoom mode that Ryan calls smart zoom. It seemed to work pretty well during video playback Ė this way we wonít have to look for full-screen buttons specific to each video player provider.
    Without any further ado, here is the video:

Rumor has it that Froyo will be released at the Google I/O conference, most likely on its second day Ė May 20th.
    P.S. The last few seconds of the video show off a redesigned home screen menu, which looks pretty sexy. Only 10 more days, everyone!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

please check out the original article on
    A Video Of An Adobe Evangelist Showcasing Flash 10.1 Smoothly Running On A Nexus One With Android 2.2 Froyo | Android News, Reviews, Applications, Games, Phones, Devices, Tips, Hacks, Videos, Podcasts - Android Police

and watch the video, the mobile is working in a strange direction nexus one was working only on 2 direction top down and right to left, in this video the nexus one work left to right, WOW good feature

I saw this demo "live" during an online Adobe developer conference earlier this week. Additionally, they were showing the new features for developing programs in Air and Flash and almost every example used the Nexus One. Pretty good stuff.

I wonder if Froyo will allow the screen to work that way. I have seen other videos of the Nexus One before Froyo working with the display that way and even upside down but mine doesn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    I wonder if Froyo will allow the screen to work that way. I have seen other videos of the Nexus One before Froyo working with the display that way and even upside down but mine doesn't do that.
    non of our N1 do this now but will froyo we will

Quote Originally Posted by moamenam View Post
    Mine can...
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by moamenam View Post
    Mine can...
    your is rooted, bye bye warranty:rofl3:

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links