Gmail name issue.......

This is a discussion on Gmail name issue....... within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; when i send mail from gmail using the internet i am able to choose which account / name i send from.....when i send from the ...

Thread: Gmail name issue.......

Gmail name issue.......

when i send mail from gmail using the internet i am able to choose which account / name i send from.....when i send from the n1 it seems i can only send from my primary name.....although if mail is sent to my secondary name i can reply with the name it was sent to.......is there a way that if i want to initiate an email from the n1 that i can choose either name?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Did you change your sign-in account before composing?

no, dontevn know what that is......bu i dn have 2 seperate acounts.....only 1 sign in under gmail , but then i have my website email set up through gmail.....

Quote Originally Posted by king244 View Post
    no, dontevn know what that is......bu i dn have 2 seperate acounts.....only 1 sign in under gmail , but then i have my website email set up through gmail.....
    This is the setup I have fot my Hotmail. Unfortunately what you want can't be done since there's no "Send As" feature for newly composed email. Your options (as you've already discovered) are

1) Compose and send new email from a Gmail account only
    2) reply as me@myotheraccount.com, if the email sent to me@myotheraccount.com

You need to add your me@myotheraccount.com to the default Email app on the phone and use that instead of Gmail app.... which wasn't worth the hassle for me.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by king244 View Post
    This is the setup I have fot my Hotmail. Unfortunately what you want can't be done since there's no "Send As" feature for newly composed email. Your options (as you've already discovered) are

1) Compose and send new email from a Gmail account only
    2) reply as me@myotheraccount.com, if the email sent to me@myotheraccount.com

You need to add your me@myotheraccount.com to the default Email app on the phone and use that instead of Gmail app.... which wasn't worth the hassle for me.
    ok, thats what i figured but wanted to check anyway...thanks for the helpful info

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links