SMS question - cannot find contacts to add in To field

This is a discussion on SMS question - cannot find contacts to add in To field within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi there, I'm kinnda new to this android platform and my first android powered device is Google Nexus One. Now I jumped to my N1 ...

Thread: SMS question - cannot find contacts to add in To field

SMS question - cannot find contacts to add in To field

Hi there,
    I'm kinnda new to this android platform and my first android powered device is Google Nexus One. Now I jumped to my N1 from a Nokia phone so some there are a few things that I do not have on my N1.

I will start with the messages (sms) which I found being annoying at the beginning but I got used to the thread style quick enough. However when I want to create a new message and then add someone in the To field the phone does not return all suggestions. For example when I type Vic I would expect to see contact named Victor but this is not the case. For some if the contacts this works. Do any experience such behavior?

Can this be something related to account settings?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Make sure Victor's phone number is set as "Mobile" in your Contacts.

Also, in terms of the look & feel of the Messaging app, a lot of people prefer Handcent SMS v2.9.36 Application for Android | Communication which provides a ton of settings and an iPhone like chat bubbles UI.

Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Make sure Victor's phone number is set as "Mobile" in your Contacts.

Also, in terms of the look & feel of the Messaging app, a lot of people prefer Handcent SMS v2.9.36 Application for Android | Communication which provides a ton of settings and an iPhone like chat bubbles UI.
    Rioja thanks a lot for the info. Yes it seem like only the contacts with phone set to mobile will be suggested by the system.

I already tried headcet SMS and enjoy it until I missed some messages because of no notification...so I switched to the default SMS program.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links