So when will Google start the OTA's for 2.2?

This is a discussion on So when will Google start the OTA's for 2.2? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by judeeg Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer Originally Posted by dd4005 You were really expecting it today? You won't get it this month, never ...

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: So when will Google start the OTA's for 2.2?

Super Moderator AndroidIsTheTruth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by judeeg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    You were really expecting it today? You won't get it this month, never mind today. It's only google i/o today and tomorrow.

btw, what's the "ou" that sucks?
    OU = University of Oklahoma. They are rivals to the university that I attended, University of Texas.
    OU is home to the worlds dumbest, ugliest, smelliest inbreds! And they suck.

So what kind of school (Tex@$$) would have a castrated animal (Bevo) as their mascot ? Doesn't castrated mean that they don't have any b@lls???

A friend of mine made me say that.
    Mess with the bulls you get the horns. And the hell is a Sooner. Sooner to losing than winning?

Androidfied.

So, all that hype and now no Froyo until June?

Had a cry when I woke up.
    Was the only Australian N1 I have seen but my mate now owns one.
    32gb Sandisk.
    CM all the way baby.

Quote Originally Posted by The Law View Post
    So, all that hype and now no Froyo until June?

I'm not really believing that article.....you're telling me one site that isn't quoting any sources magically found out that Froyo is going to be released in June when it hasn't even been presented at I/O yet? I'm just not buying it.....if we really had a firm release date then countless other blogs would have pointed this out by now.....

Of course I could just be trying to convince myself that we're getting it tomorrow out of denial.... I WANT MY FROYOOOOO!

does OU beat UT in ANYTHING academically or athletics wise LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Quote Originally Posted by jakkzen View Post
    Who wants to bet they won't release it till next month. Just to take some thunder from the new iPhone.
    I so called it.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

I can't find anything other than this article that says 2.2 release date was announced today. I've been tracking all official google leads that I can today and no mention from google or anyone at the i/o about 2.2, other than it starting early at 8:30am pdt tomorrow and participants disappointed it wasn't announced today (update: general consensus, bad wifi at the convention center). Let's not forget the recent web page screen shot video of the Nexus One being priced for $199 for Verizon. I Call BS on this source.

Edit: Here's two official google sources I've followed all day. (which many of you probably have too) plus #io2010 for participant tweeting.

googleio
    Introducing WebM, open web media project supported by Chrome, Firefox, Opera, YouTube... http://www.webmproject.org/ #io2010

google
    For those of you not following the minute-by-minute of #io2010, here's a summary of today's announcements: http://bit.ly/dm2ol7

Yes I am expecting 2.2 to be announced tomorrow, makes perfect sense to do it then with all the tech world attention focused on i/o, and I also expect to hear a release timeframe for 2.2. I would love for it to be released tomorrow/today for the general public. If there is anything released tomorrow, I would expect it to be a direct download for the participants attending i/o. Remember, they all have a Nexus One or Moto Droid given to them to bring to the event.

I want the update as bad as anyone else, but I have had this nagging thought for a while now ... remember when there was the signup for Flash beta program from Adobe? Well, nothing came of that yet, and I can't help but wonder why it would be released before the beta even happened?

I sure hope this isn't just a rumor that 2.2 is being released during Google I/O.

I can't wait for the update I will try to get a manual update file.

Imagine how many news type websites that have been talking about the release of froyo during i/o, only to be wrong. Think how many people are going to be disappointed if or when they don't release it tomorrow. Not just all of us on here. Everyone is so excited and the hype is crazy. But is it all just hype? Personally I want it now, but business tells me I would want to steal the spotlight from apple next month. Who knows...
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links