So when will Google start the OTA's for 2.2?

This is a discussion on So when will Google start the OTA's for 2.2? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by jakkzen Imagine how many news type websites that have been talking about the release of froyo during i/o, only to be wrong. ...

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: So when will Google start the OTA's for 2.2?

Quote Originally Posted by jakkzen View Post
    Imagine how many news type websites that have been talking about the release of froyo during i/o, only to be wrong. Think how many people are going to be disappointed if or when they don't release it tomorrow. Not just all of us on here. Everyone is so excited and the hype is crazy. But is it all just hype? Personally I want it now, but business tells me I would want to steal the spotlight from apple next month. Who knows...
    I think it would be smart to release Froyo to google's flagship device during their conference. I don't think it's bad business because you have to realize that this update isn't going to stop at the Nexus, it will still be stealing thunder from the Iphone when big red releases it for the incredible which will probably happen a month or so after we get it......

According to Android Center it will be released today (05/20)

Joy, joy, joy!

I agree. Lets hope you're right.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Today is 5/19 US time.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post

Joy, joy, joy!
    I hope so

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post

Joy, joy, joy!
    They didn't say it is going to be released 5/20. They said it will be DISCUSSED on 5/20. Unless were reading difference article you sir are a big let down. Got me excited for nothing.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wow, this thread has got out of hand. First off, Google's isn't going to release Froyo for all Nexus One users in one day. It will be some type of rollout. I think those wishing to get it the day they announce it are going to be pretty disappointed. Google I/O is a developer conference. Since developer's haven't even gotten their hands on the 2.2 SDK, I don't see what good releasing it during the conference would have.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Wow, this thread has got out of hand. First off, Google's isn't going to release Froyo for all Nexus One users in one day. It will be some type of rollout. I think those wishing to get it the day they announce it are going to be pretty disappointed. Google I/O is a developer conference. Since developer's haven't even gotten their hands on the 2.2 SDK, I don't see what good releasing it during the conference would have.
    Yeah, i learned from apple events you are ALWAYS disappointed with whatever is announced vs what you expected.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Well, it's all in good fun, but yeah, highly doubtful it'll be released.

Google has created a froyo-release branch in the webkit repo. Comparing master...froyo-release for android's platform_external_webkit - GitHub So, slowly they are populating AOSP. An SDK isn't too far off.

Whether you like the iphone or not, Apple has an unbelievably huge following. Don't get me wrong, I love my Nexus One, but I think it's a little much saying that a software update for Android will steal thunder from the release of a brand new iphone. That release is going to be super major for Apple and the phone is going to ride enormous waves of hype when it comes out. Most people are not into phones like we are and will probably have no idea about the Android software update. The iphone is so ubiquitous at this point, I'm not sure anything short of revolutionary is going to steal its thunder. If that's what Google is waiting for, I think its as big a miscalculation as selling the N1 only online.

Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links