So when will Google start the OTA's for 2.2?

This is a discussion on So when will Google start the OTA's for 2.2? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I understand that it will take a while to filter into the OTA updates - but is anyone techie enough to know 1) is this ...

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: So when will Google start the OTA's for 2.2?

cxm
    I understand that it will take a while to filter into the OTA updates - but is anyone techie enough to know

1) is this likely to be available as a beta before it is pushed OTA?
    2) if so, would such a beta require root?

I was quite happy with my nexus until I saw what was in the update, now she just looks sad and old........

Nope, we ain't getting it today. No way Jose.

if your phone was launched this year, we will most likely offer an upgrade for it to the Froyo version. This includes popular models like the Desire and Droid Incredible as well as hotly anticipated phones like the Evo 4G, MyTouch slide and upcoming models. We will announce a full list of phones and dates once we are closer to launching the upgrades. We are working closely with Google and our other partners to ensure we have the earliest access to everything we need to provide a complete and solid Sense experience on Froyo. We expect to release all updates in the second half of this year but can't be more specific yet.

Right, I'm off to forget about Froyo for a month.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

From the video of 2.2 Froyo, in the comments section at the bottom there is a link to PCWorld mag which says Froyo will be released in June.
    JUNE?!?!?!? I started patiently waiting in April for May 19th and 20th...now June and no date just a vague June release date. June has 30 days in it!
    Argh. No choice but to continue to patiently wait.

I think we're going to be seeing CM and other ROM's before the official release. LOL.
    I'm not complaining, because I want CM

june now !!!!!!! oh well i'm off to turkey for 2 weeks anyway hope its here when i get back on the 6th

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post

if your phone was launched this year, we will most likely offer an upgrade for it to the Froyo version. This includes popular models like the Desire and Droid Incredible as well as hotly anticipated phones like the Evo 4G, MyTouch slide and upcoming models. We will announce a full list of phones and dates once we are closer to launching the upgrades. We are working closely with Google and our other partners to ensure we have the earliest access to everything we need to provide a complete and solid Sense experience on Froyo. We expect to release all updates in the second half of this year but can't be more specific yet.

Notice the distinct lack of "Nexus One" in that list. I still bet that N1 users get an OTA update or manual install this week, or even today. There's no partner buy-in necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by miker View Post

Notice the distinct lack of "Nexus One" in that list. I still bet that N1 users get an OTA update or manual install this week, or even today. There's no partner buy-in necessary.
    Lol... Wishful thinking.

cxm
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by miker View Post

Lol... Wishful thinking.
    Agreed - it will be quicker than phones that need integration with sense, but I can't see any way we will get this quicker than a few weeks. I'll have to find something else to obsess about

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    From the video of 2.2 Froyo, in the comments section at the bottom there is a link to PCWorld mag which says Froyo will be released in June.
    JUNE?!?!?!? I started patiently waiting in April for May 19th and 20th...now June and no date just a vague June release date. Hell June has 30 days in it!
    Argh. No choice but to continue to patiently wait.
    Why would you think they would release 2.2 to users before they even released the SDK? The SDK was released today. No way are they going to push the OS to users before devs could even test their apps with it.

well, no release date firm huh?
    guess its off to find out when the code dump is to get the rooted version, lol
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links