So you think task killers are unnecessary hey?

This is a discussion on So you think task killers are unnecessary hey? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Froyo has an inbuilt task manager!!! Android 2.2 Gallery No more need to have random market app's for this......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So you think task killers are unnecessary hey?

Froyo has an inbuilt task manager!!! Android 2.2 Gallery

No more need to have random market app's for this...

@ least Google including a task killer in its OS proves the notion you don't need one for android is a #myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post
    @ least Google including a task killer in its OS proves the notion you don't need one for android is a #myth.
    A lil' emotionally tied into being right on this debate are we?

Pretty much, I'm pretty passionate about these TKs. They really improve the phones performance & a lot of people front on that, based on what's looking more like a myth. I actually never used one for months with this phone (cos I was of the opposite opinion) until curiosity killed the cat. Never looked back since. In this case the practical > theory.

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    Sure seems that way doesn't it.

I don't have any need for a task killer. I reckon it is far better to identify and remove any badly behaved applications in the first place. I use [battery history>partial wake usage] to establish that and then ditch them.

Also we should not draw the long bow and imply, Google have included a Application Manager in 2.2 because Task Killing is routinely required. I can already kill/stop tasks in 2.1 with Application settings if I wanted to. But I don't.

I can see a need for an Application Manager though. I could well use it to move apps between system and SD memory, or even to do something novel like to uninstall them.

I wish you a long and passionate relationship with your TKs and I'll stick to using to apps that behave properly.

You do know that Google consider you a Monkey for using a Task Killer dont you? :rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by logger View Post
    Also we should not draw the long bow and imply, Google have included a Application Manager in 2.2 because Task Killing is routinely required. I can already kill/stop tasks in 2.1 with Application settings if I wanted to. But I don't.
    I thought the same... till today. Today I had an app crash (RunKeeper), and I went in the the stock control panel and told it to kill the app... no matter what it would not kill it. I downloaded "Advanced Task Killer" from the market, and it killed the crashed app with out problems.

I think I will keep this app around for now, though I told it to NOT start on power on...

Why not install something more useful then? Like ASTRO file manager. Apart from its obvious utility for managing files is has an inbuilt Process manager for the odd occasion such as you mentioned. Half the people using ASTRO prob don't even know it has these Tools in it.

Quote Originally Posted by ap3604 View Post
    YOU BETCHA! :rofl3: Vindication is like your favorite dessert..sweet, when you can get it!

Although they say self vindication never quite has the same feel as peer vidication :rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by logger View Post
    Although they say self vindication never quite has the same feel as peer vidication :rofl3:
    Google's vindication is sufficient for me. :rofl3:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links