So you think task killers are unnecessary hey?

This is a discussion on So you think task killers are unnecessary hey? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Read this, stop lying to yourself & download advanced task killer Google: Blame Poor Apps for Poor Battery Life | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So you think task killers are unnecessary hey?

So you think task killers are unnecessary hey?

Read this, stop lying to yourself & download advanced task killer

Google: Blame Poor Apps for Poor Battery Life | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Emperor's New Clothes :rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post

Google: Blame Poor Apps for Poor Battery Life | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog
    Wish they would have gone more into depth with something factual instead of just trusting their word. One thing that caught my eye was Eric saying the main battery drain is the cellular sending/receiving chip but under battery usage it always says the display is the main drain on the battery at about 75% or more...

Quote Originally Posted by Zindol View Post

Couldnt have said it better Myself
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

...and that's the linkage and support I've been arguing for some time, even as far back as G1. The heavy data apps, like Listen/Pandora/Slacker/LastFM/Streamfurious/Gmaps,etc,etc. LOVE their connections to 'home'...when you want to use the data connection for a competing app, they're stingy about returning the data resources. THAT is why I selectively kill apps to regain control of the data connection, and system resources..Android won't do that for me automagically.

i aint got a lot of apps so dont really need it

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    ...and that's the linkage and support I've been arguing for some time, even as far back as G1. The heavy data apps, like Listen/Pandora/Slacker/LastFM/Streamfurious/Gmaps,etc,etc. LOVE their connections to 'home'...when you want to use the data connection for a competing app, they're stingy about returning the data resources. THAT is why I selectively kill apps to regain control of the data connection, and system resources..Android won't do that for me automagically.
    We pretty much covered this in the last thread. Yes, Android system is supposed to do one thing, but you are allowed to get apps that change that dynamic.
    Pandora is absolutely the worse culprit for my phone sometimes.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Man my battery is at 12% now! I decided not to kill any tasks today. Usually my battery is about 65% at this time. Stupid Shopsavvy app! It used 33% of the battery....and I haven't used it in months. Display is at 23% and Android System is 10%. Gonna start killing apps again...and uninstalling Shopsavvy.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Whenever I check battery usage, Display always dominates. It's anywhere from 60 -85% almost everyday. I use auto brightness. I just can't see myself at the lowest brightness setting and not taking advantage of this screen.

Quote Originally Posted by theSavant View Post
    Whenever I check battery usage, Display always dominates. It's anywhere from 60 -85% almost everyday. I use auto brightness. I just can't see myself at the lowest brightness setting and not taking advantage of this screen.
    unless you talk on the phone alot, display should always be #1 (considering you used the phone that day
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links