Impact of Paypal for Android

This is a discussion on Impact of Paypal for Android within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by astros148 if google uses paypal as the only way of purchasing ill refuse to buy anything. Paypal is known to scam ppl ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Impact of Paypal for Android

Quote Originally Posted by astros148 View Post
    if google uses paypal as the only way of purchasing ill refuse to buy anything. Paypal is known to scam ppl

whats wrong with the current method of google checkouts?
    google WILL NOT just use paypal... they are giving an extra option for people without credit cards.

Woo Hoo ! I can finally buy apps. I've been waiting for PayPal method. I've been using PayPal for about 8 years and never had a problem with it. I probably made 200 purchases with it in that time.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Woo Hoo ! I can finally buy apps. I've been waiting for PayPal method. I've been using PayPal for about 8 years and never had a problem with it. I probably made 200 purchases with it in that time.
    glad someone is excited for this as well... though no one can confirm if we can buy apps yet. hahahah. that was why i created this thread after all.

[quote=antikryst;50398]
    google WILL NOT just use paypal... they are giving an extra option for people without credit cards.
    Paypal is doing it because they see a market. Google doesn't provide in-app purchase support using a Google Market account. So Paypal sees an opportunity. This isn't an alternative to purchasing apps. This is a way for apps to support upgrades inside the app (maps for games, etc).

if google uses paypal as the only way of purchasing ill refuse to buy anything. Paypal is known to scam ppl
    whats wrong with the current method of google checkouts?
    You're reading far too much into it. Nowhere does it say they'll stop using google checkout. Paypal is just an extra option.

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    they are giving an extra option for people without credit cards.
    Well, not just for those without credit cards. I have credit cards but have no intention of handing over the amount of data that google checkout wants. I was part way through the signup and saw just how much they wanted and decided to abandon it. I don't trust google enough to give them all that data. I do trust PayPal though, and have for 8 or 9 years. I like that they only pass on the full address to the seller if it's necessary (i.e. a physical shipment will take place). I couldn't find anywhere on the checkout pages whether the same is true for google checkout. In 8/9 years of PayPal having had my address, I still don't get a single piece of physical spam mail at my address. I have doubts the same would be true if google had my address. Just a suspicion based on no facts at all.

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    no one can confirm if we can buy apps yet. hahahah. that was why i created this thread after all.
    I've only been on here a few weeks but I'm fairly sure I saw a thread (or a link to a news item) that said paypal would be offered as an alternative method of app payment. Naturally I can't find it now though. We'll see
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

Any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Any updates?
    I googled "google checkout paypal" a few weeks ago and a few tech blogs were reporting that it was due on the twenty-something'th of October (I forget exactly which day). But those blogs make articles up out of rumours sometimes and then they all quote each other, so who knows if it's to be believed.

Quote Originally Posted by dd4005 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aseems View Post
    Any updates?
    I googled "google checkout paypal" a few weeks ago and a few tech blogs were reporting that it was due on the twenty-something'th of October (I forget exactly which day). But those blogs make articles up out of rumours sometimes and then they all quote each other, so who knows if it's to be believed.
    Thanks dd4005
    Let me know, when you get to know

mah
    I don't know anything about Google Checkout allowing payment via Paypal, etc., but developers that want to provide in-app purchasing (which can easily include unlocking the full features of a demo version) can do that with Paypal: https://www.x.com/community/ppx/xspaces/mobile/mep. The only concern is if the app is hosted on the Android Market, that would be a violation of Google's TOS.

I hate PayPal, and since I got rip off I close my PayPal account and I will never open another one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links