Impact of Paypal for Android

This is a discussion on Impact of Paypal for Android within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; so this has been announced... could this be used for in app activation of demos? would this enable developers to sell their apps to people ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Impact of Paypal for Android

Impact of Paypal for Android

so this has been announced... could this be used for in app activation of demos?

would this enable developers to sell their apps to people who dont have paid app market access?

just curious.... couldnt see paid apps since im not in one of those countries... and NO I DO NOT WANT TO ROOT... just getting that out.

any devs look into this yet?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

paypal is a P.O.S. company, i refuse to do business with them.

Quote Originally Posted by astros148 View Post
    paypal is a P.O.S. company, i refuse to do business with them.
    It's Google's fault though. Since they haven't provided a way for in-app purchases with user's Google accounts, then this is the logical intermediary step.

@astros148

completely agree, paypal is a greedy company only looking out for themselves. stopped using them some time ago. craigslist is where it's at.....

I dunno about that...CraigsList brings out all the toothless, ignorant, "wanna trade a lawnmower and a go-cart for your phone" morons looking for a "cheaper than cheap" deal that you'll find anywhere. I haven't been impressed at all....

i posted a valid question and all im getting are rants against paypal. come on guys...

... this can be big for us who dont have paid market access. i have a paypal account and a google checkout account but if devs can build paypal activations within demo/lite versions then that would be huge for...

1. the consumers without paid market access
    2. developers since they can sell their apps to more people

Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    I dunno about that...CraigsList brings out all the toothless, ignorant, "wanna trade a lawnmower and a go-cart for your phone" morons looking for a "cheaper than cheap" deal that you'll find anywhere. I haven't been impressed at all....
    CL is different tho,, thats not forced by any means or anything, Paypal is a scam, ive been scammed out of hundreads from that company.

Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post
    i posted a valid question and all im getting are rants against paypal. come on guys...

... this can be big for us who dont have paid market access. i have a paypal account and a google checkout account but if devs can build paypal activations within demo/lite versions then that would be huge for...

whats wrong with Google Checkouts? Why would Devs want to mess with paypal, paypal takes a hefty share of profits from buyers

Quote Originally Posted by astros148 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by antikryst View Post

whats wrong with Google Checkouts? Why would Devs want to mess with paypal, paypal takes a hefty share of profits from buyers
    if this is the only choice for buyers to get paid apps without paid market access then this isnt bad.

if devs can reach a bigger market... even with lower margins how can that be bad?

reading on the press release of paypal on this one... i was thinking that purchasing apps from within demo/lite versions may be possible. that was my question.

if google uses paypal as the only way of purchasing ill refuse to buy anything. Paypal is known to scam ppl

whats wrong with the current method of google checkouts?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links