The Nexus One has been nothing but hell for me

This is a discussion on The Nexus One has been nothing but hell for me within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; My love affair is over with the Nexus one, thanks to HTC OK, so I order the phone a few months ago and after a ...

Thread: The Nexus One has been nothing but hell for me

The Nexus One has been nothing but hell for me

My love affair is over with the Nexus one, thanks to HTC

OK, so I order the phone a few months ago and after a a DAY I notice the headset doesn't work properly. But I pass it off (I couldn't forward or rewind a track, use the button to answer a call), then discolouration of the phone, and the touchscreen issues after a few weeks.

So I decide to send it back and SPECIFICALLY ask them to replace the headset. I get it back after a WEEK, same phone repaired but no new headset. But I pass it off again because I have the iPhone in-ear ones that work just fine

So a week later, what do I notice? The SAME discolouration, SAME touchscreen issues so I send it back and spend 30 min on the phone telling them I want a replacement phone, a new set of headset and a new case. They said OK, thats fine. They assure me a new headset and case will be in the box

I wait a week...

I send everything back except the headset and case, as they said. I send back my memory card

I get the phone back on Monday and open the box

..New phone
    ..No case
    ..No headset

But the WORST part..

NO SD card..

I'm ust fed up. Never again..

Oh, I got a reply from HTC this morning after complaining

Good Morning Thank you for contacting HTC They will send new memory card today, but they will not replace headset and case as they not integral part of the phone. Regards Piotr HTC
    HTC have the worst customer service I've dealt with.

Can you guys recommend where I can get a new case and headset whilst I can carry on complaining

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Otterbox is gonna release very soon Nexus One cases... the other is seidio...

Quote Originally Posted by mingocr83 View Post
    Otterbox is gonna release very soon Nexus One cases... the other is seidio...
    I wanted the official ones so I can sell it off. There's no chance I can keep this phone with this terrible customer service, it's like they don't want me as a customer

thanks but no one cares. my experience has been awesome. i have not had any issues such as dust under the screen and my phone worked from day one.

Quote Originally Posted by deel View Post
    thanks but no one cares. my experience has been awesome. i have not had any issues such as dust under the screen and my phone worked from day one.

thanks but no one cares.

On a serious note though, wait for the memory card, try out the phone and make up your mind. You might find its worth keeping despite its crap service; hell they can barely even sell the thing....

So why bother replying to the thread? We all know your experience means it's the same for everyone, maybe I have a fake knock off phone? Thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post
    On a serious note though, wait for the memory card, try out the phone and make up your mind. You might find its worth keeping despite its crap service; hell they can barely even sell the thing....
    Yeah, I called up the HTC HQ today and this guy was really nice to me, he pointed out that HTC UK don't carry ANY accessories for the Nexus one, but he pointed me out to a site that ships the headset at least

I'll wait for the SD card and Froyo *today*, but it's been a tad disappointing since day one

Quote Originally Posted by NexusMechs View Post
    So why bother replying to the thread? We all know your experience means it's the same for everyone, maybe I have a fake knock off phone? Thanks for the input

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post
    Yeah, I called up the HTC HQ today and this guy was really nice to me, he pointed out that HTC UK don't carry ANY accessories for the Nexus one, but he pointed me out to a site that ships the headset at least

I'll wait for the SD card and Froyo *today*, but it's been a tad disappointing since day one

I agree with 'ThatGuy88'...

Wait for the SDcard to come in then give it a try, who knows you might actually keep the Nexus.
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

Attitudes like that will have you looking in from the outside...

I send everything back except the headset and case, as they said. I send back my memory card

I get the phone back on Monday and open the box

..New phone
    ..No case
    ..No headset

But the WORST part..

NO SD card..

I'm ust fed up. Never again..

Oh, I got a reply from HTC this morning after complaining

Good Morning Thank you for contacting HTC They will send new memory card today, but they will not replace headset and case as they not integral part of the phone. Regards Piotr HTC
    HTC have the worst customer service I've dealt with.

Can you guys recommend where I can get a new case and headset whilst I can carry on complaining
    if you didnt send back the case and headset, why would you expect to receive new ones? i agree with you on the SD card, but they're sending back what you sent, i dont see the problem there

Folks can pm OP if they wish to send him new stuff so he can sell his phone, but the 'carry on complaining' ensures this thread has run it's course.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links