2.2 FROYO's BLUETOOTH FUNCTIONS

This is a discussion on 2.2 FROYO's BLUETOOTH FUNCTIONS within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; The two noteworthy bluetooth functions mentioned in the 2.2 Froyo press statement are: 1/ Voice dialling over bluetooth 2/ Contact sharing over bluetooth No mention ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2.2 FROYO's BLUETOOTH FUNCTIONS

2.2 FROYO's BLUETOOTH FUNCTIONS

The two noteworthy bluetooth functions mentioned in the 2.2 Froyo press statement are:
    1/ Voice dialling over bluetooth
    2/ Contact sharing over bluetooth
    No mention of file transferring ie. songs, photos, video clips etc etc via bluetooth.
    My question is since it is not mentioned, does it imply that file transferring is already possible with 2.1?
    Thank you.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

nice, finally use bluetooth voice dialing with my jawbone icon!

Sexusone - have you got bluetooth dialing working with your nexus one?

IIRC, someone else mentioned using a button on the icon that was rather hard to access..but I'm having trouble finding that post through search...

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    IIRC, someone else mentioned using a button on the icon that was rather hard to access..but I'm having trouble finding that post through search...
    Yeah ... I remember reading that, too. Something about not using the regular on/off button but the second button on the back.

One quick tap on my headset brings up the voice dialling screen. So far quite accurate on getting names and entering numbers by voice.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Yeah ... I remember reading that, too. Something about not using the regular on/off button but the second button on the back.
    Yup, it's on the back edge near your ear and not the top like the on/off button. It's a pain and on my Jawbone2 I think I'm going to do some surgery to make the button easier to push.

There is something else that improved. In 2.1, when streaming via A2DP to my car stereo, I was unable to push next track on my head unit and get my phone to respond. With 2.2, this works great!

I'm using a Plantronics bluetooth - it only has one button and bluetooth dialing does not work with it. I press the button and I hear a beep but nothing happens on my phone. If I open the voice dialing app on my phone and press the button on my bluetooth, I hear the beep but the phone is still in control. If I press the button twice the phone dials the last number I dialed.

Bluetooth dialing does not work for Nokia BH-104 on 2.2 FRF91

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    I'm using a Plantronics bluetooth - it only has one button and bluetooth dialing does not work with it. I press the button and I hear a beep but nothing happens on my phone. If I open the voice dialing app on my phone and press the button on my bluetooth, I hear the beep but the phone is still in control. If I press the button twice the phone dials the last number I dialed.

I have exactly the same problem with a Nokia BH104 I wonder if it is a build issue. Mine is a former 2.1 EFE30 and is now FRF91. Any common theme emerging here?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links