Google repeats: Froyo+N1 soon (few weeks)

This is a discussion on Google repeats: Froyo+N1 soon (few weeks) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Of course Nexus One gets it first? Lol it's Googles phone and Google is the owner of Android. :] I can't wait for 2.2!!! Thetering(idk ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Google repeats: Froyo+N1 soon (few weeks)

Of course Nexus One gets it first? Lol it's Googles phone and Google is the owner of Android. :]

I can't wait for 2.2!!! Thetering(idk what it is xD), Apps 2 SD card, phone and browser on the bottom(with the app menu and stuff) and much more :D It looks so awesome.
    I ♥ Ne:nexusx:us One. Got it in February and rooted it in April :] Stock - Desire ROM - Cyanogen MOD - Android 2.2 FroYo

Quote Originally Posted by Wicked View Post
    A few weeks? hmmmm I have a hunch that the Evo will have 2.2, which comes out June 4th, and thats when the update will launch. I sure hope that no other phone has the update, until all the N1 users have it.

N1= Number One!!
    It's said that Evo 4G will have 2.1... But 2.2... ppl have just got to knew about it, HTC needs time to make Sense UI for it too, Evo will get 2.2 for sure but HTC needs time.
    I ♥ Ne:nexusx:us One. Got it in February and rooted it in April :] Stock - Desire ROM - Cyanogen MOD - Android 2.2 FroYo

Ive read in a few places that FROYO should be available to the EVO upon user activation. It wont come with it, but it would be available via OTA when the phone is first set up...

if thats true, we can expect it to come to the N1 at the same time or shortly before.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Speaking reasonably. If the Evo 4G is to be release June 4 (2 weeks), then it's already being produced. Since it's already being produced, that means HTC would already have Froyo. Why would Google give Froyo to HTC prior to rolling it out?

I'm not developer, but I would also tend to think that testing on Froyo would occur up to the very last moment before they roll it out and there isn't some sort of 1, 2 3 week delay before work is complete to the actual distribution.

Doesn't make business sense the Evo will trump the N1 in Froyo.

Buy it, touch it, use it,
    charge it,
    app it, mod it, root it, format it...technologic

I agree...I was just posting what I have read on multiple sites. It is reasonable to think that HTC may have the pre-release version to work with so they can prepare Sense to run on it.

Just because the final build is not out, doesnt mean HTC hasnt been testing and developing for it. Im sure the SDK's have been out for longer than just yesterday. Its possible Google gave HTC the SDK package a month ago to prepare for the EVO.
    Bought the AT&T N1.

Quote Originally Posted by Daft Droid View Post
    Speaking reasonably. If the Evo 4G is to be release June 4 (2 weeks), then it's already being produced. Since it's already being produced, that means HTC would already have Froyo. Why would Google give Froyo to HTC prior to rolling it out?

I'm not developer, but I would also tend to think that testing on Froyo would occur up to the very last moment before they roll it out and there isn't some sort of 1, 2 3 week delay before work is complete to the actual distribution.

Doesn't make business sense the Evo will trump the N1 in Froyo.

I think they pretty muched rolled out froyo this week at the conference, the N1 will have froyo before Evo, or at the same time, but not after!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links