froyo available now??

This is a discussion on froyo available now?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Page 6 my bad Originally Posted by sexusone How to update (I HAVEN'TE DONE THIS YET AND THIS COULD POSSIBLY RESULT IN A BRICKED DEVICE ...

Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: froyo available now??

Page 6 my bad

Quote Originally Posted by sexusone View Post
    How to update (I HAVEN'TE DONE THIS YET AND THIS COULD POSSIBLY RESULT IN A BRICKED DEVICE EVEN THOUGH THE DOWNLOAD IS FROM GOOGLE.. BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!):

1. Download file from link up there.
    2. Rename the file to update.zip.
    3. Note that if you're using Windows and don't have "show file extentsions" turned on in the file explorer you won't see a .zip. Just rename it to "update" (no quotes, of course) because it's already a zipped file.
    4. Copy the update.zip file onto your microSD card.
    5. With your Nexus One off, hold down the trackball and press the power button.
    6. You'll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select "Bootloader."
    7. On the next screen, select "Recovery."
    8. Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
    9. Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
    10. Now (using the trackball this time) choose "Apply sdcard:update.zip" and let things run their course.

Taken from the update-1 instructions on:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/how-ma...your-nexus-one

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    Page 6 my bad

Quote Originally Posted by sexusone View Post
    How to update (I HAVEN'TE DONE THIS YET AND THIS COULD POSSIBLY RESULT IN A BRICKED DEVICE EVEN THOUGH THE DOWNLOAD IS FROM GOOGLE.. BE CAREFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!):

1. Download file from link up there.
    2. Rename the file to update.zip.
    3. Note that if you're using Windows and don't have "show file extentsions" turned on in the file explorer you won't see a .zip. Just rename it to "update" (no quotes, of course) because it's already a zipped file.
    4. Copy the update.zip file onto your microSD card.
    5. With your Nexus One off, hold down the trackball and press the power button.
    6. You'll be booted into a white screen with three Android robots on skateboards. Select "Bootloader."
    7. On the next screen, select "Recovery."
    8. Your phone will reboot, giving you a picture of the Android robot and an exclamation point inside a triangle.
    9. Now press the power button and volume up button at the same time. It could take a couple of tries.
    10. Now (using the trackball this time) choose "Apply sdcard:update.zip" and let things run their course.

Taken from the update-1 instructions on:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/how-ma...your-nexus-one
    but this dont say anything about doing it with the EPE54B and with CM and amon-ra

but this dont say anything about doing it with the EPE54B and with CM and amon-ra

You have to flash the STOCK RECOVERY IMG. Amon RA will not work from what I have been reading.
    Nexus One (at&t)
    ROM: 2.2 w/root
    Recovery Amon-Ra 1.7.0
    ---

---
    HTC Evo 4g (sprint)
    ROM: SupererSonic 2.1
    Recovery ClockworkMod

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwildcats11 View Post
    So to update this manually you must download the file to your PC and save it to your sdcard via the micro USB correct?

No way to do this with the phone only?
    Do you have dropbox? You can put the file in your dropbox on your pc then it will appear in the dropbox on your phone. Then you gotta move it to your sd card. I'm trying it now so let's see if it works.
    how do i move it out of dropbox onto my sdcard?

same as above i keep getting verification errors :S someone help me running latest cyan
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

No idea what EPE54B is and I'm not Sprint or Verizon or AT&T. Anyone know if it's safe to install on my unlocked N1 ? I've got the file and the instructions and know what to do, I'm just not sure if I want to risk doing it until I know what the deal is.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

WOW! 257mb available..I'm used to around 120 after a full Kill All from Taskiller. They really DID open up the memory!

My flash player beta download from the market is going dirttttt slow....must be everyone trying to get it at the same time :D

Is anyone else's Swype keyboard not working?

Damn..I'm overhelmed..don't know what to do first! LOL!

Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links