froyo available now??

This is a discussion on froyo available now?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by tjp Ditto for me. Is there any option for AT&T users? That is other than the pre-rooted modaco patched version. If you ...

Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: froyo available now??

Quote Originally Posted by tjp View Post
    Ditto for me. Is there any option for AT&T users? That is other than the pre-rooted modaco patched version.
    If you are not rooted & an AT&T version user, you cannot update to Froyo with the stock ROM you have.

You can try moving to older ROM like this one PASSIMG_Passion_Google_WWE_1.01.1700.1_ERD79_relea se_signed.zip . It's 'ERD79', the the original shipping ROM, not 'ERE27' the official update (update 1) that Google provided.

Once you have that on your phone, you should be able to update to Froyo.

NOTE: No one I know or read about has attempted this yet!! I cannot say what the outcome will be.

But you've asked, so I'm giving you my hypothesis. My advice is to either root your phone and use the Modoco version that's linked to throughout this thread, or just wait for AT&T version. These things leak incredibly fast, so just wait a few days.

Wish I had a better solution, but right now no one has one.... yet.

Re: froyo available now??

I guess us at&t users that don't want to root will just have to wait it out. Maybe we'll get lucky and wake up in the morning with the update...

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wondermixx View Post
    ok i installed. BUT is anybody else's camera and calendar not working? wtf?
    I found some of my desktop shorcuts no longer worked (camera being one of them) and I had to trash it and use the one in the app drawer. Then it worked. I also had to reinstall google voice completely because it couldn't find it until I did. I've only had one thing not work so far, and that is my Agendus Calendar Widget. Absolutely refuses to load, so I sent a note off to the developer.

My gallery worked OK, but it had to reindex my photos first.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by treva889 View Post
    For that above attempt the downloaded file was renamed to "update". I did try it as "update.zip" prior (didn't work).
    The file has to be called update.zip. Most likely you used windows and your windows setup hides the extension automatically so you really called it update.zip.zip.
    just to add,

if you're having probs renaming it on Windows, do it on your SD Card through a file manager, then you'll see the double "zip.zip"

Can someone please look at the downloads section in the Market app. My apps aren't there any more

uninstalled/installed/set as default my handcent...my trackball colors WONT JUST WORK!!! grrrrrrrr

pls help! TIA
    Other phones will make fun of your virgin phone. Then your virgin phone will feel ugly and fat. It will have self esteem issues and start to hang around iPhones. Then it will end up in a dark drawer next to a dirty iPod and a whole lot of regrets. Is this want you want WERA!!
    For the love of God and your Nexus One. Root it!!!:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by nexgoose View Post
    uninstalled/installed/set as default my handcent...my trackball colors WONT JUST WORK!!! grrrrrrrr

pls help! TIA
    Again I think the trackball only lights up if you receive the message while your phone is locked and you allow it to go back to sleep before looking at the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Oapples View Post
    Can someone please look at the downloads section in the Market app. My apps aren't there any more
    I checked my Market and my downloads are there - even had an update for the WiFi Analyzer program.

Quote Originally Posted by Oapples View Post
    I had the same, they started coming back about an hour ago.

Also, have a look at this from Google Employee.... interesting
    Bug Report: Installed app not showing, rating post not saving - Android Market Help

Quote Originally Posted by InS0mNiAc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nexgoose View Post

pls help! TIA
    Again I think the trackball only lights up if you receive the message while your phone is locked and you allow it to go back to sleep before looking at the message.
    I tried this and it did not work. I kept handcent so I am notified of the update but have now switched back to the default messaging app.

Page 27 of 41 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links