froyo available now??

This is a discussion on froyo available now?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by alphawave7 Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy Is the gallery bug still there,how about the the touchscreen going bonkers? Specifically, which galllery bug? FWIW, ...

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: froyo available now??

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Macklessdaddy View Post
    Is the gallery bug still there,how about the the touchscreen going bonkers?
    Specifically, which galllery bug? FWIW, I haven't had the bonkers touchscreen in months!
    where it tells you that you have no items in the gallery,its a known bug

so has anyone been able to move apps to sd card?

I have read all of the threads on this subject and I still have a couple of questions. I have an unrooted stock phone. I have downloaded the filefor the froyo update and renamed it to update and copied it to the sd card. Before I proceed any further I would like some help and information. this is my first time trying to update manually. I do not possess a lot of knowledge or information concerning phone updates. My questions are: if this update fails will I still have the 2.1 to run the phone? If I do make a mistake updating will it brick the phone? When the OTA comes out if it has improvements or updates will I be able to get them? In conclusion I would like any comments or opinions as to whether someone with my limited knowledge and technical skills should even attempt this update. All help and replies and opinions will be warmly received and greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ithc42 View Post
    I have read all of the threads on this subject and I still have a couple of questions. I have an unrooted stock phone. I have downloaded the filefor the froyo update and renamed it to update and copied it to the sd card. Before I proceed any further I would like some help and information. this is my first time trying to update manually. I do not possess a lot of knowledge or information concerning phone updates. My questions are: if this update fails will I still have the 2.1 to run the phone? If I do make a mistake updating will it brick the phone? When the OTA comes out if it has improvements or updates will I be able to get them? In conclusion I would like any comments or opinions as to whether someone with my limited knowledge and technical skills should even attempt this update. All help and replies and opinions will be warmly received and greatly appreciated.
    I believe this IS the Froyo update..it comes straight from Google. There is always a slight chance/risk of problems upgrading the OS in any device, and the Nexus is no exclusion...that said, it was designed to be upgraded, and we are simply circumventing the automation process if we were to get the file from push. I would simply go ahead and follow the instructions in the Site News thread, proceed with patience, and if you truly have a question during any portion of the steps, post here before you press 'Go'.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    I have checked running apps and see no difference in Froyo closing them down to free up more memory. After the Flash install I am back to the same amount of free internal storage as before the Froyo upgrade.
    Go to Settings->Applications->Running services....IF (a big if) you recall, we had much less total RAM available..Froyo has added about 150-160mb in that total list, and I have about 300+ available after killing off stuff. Quite a bit more room than I'm used to!
    you sound like you know me with the IF a big if. I never understood the memory description in the Nexus. Now on Froyo going there I see:
    Other: 51 MB in 3 Avail: 154MB+156MB in 15
    Makes no sense to me but I think the numbers are bigger.

I have checked running apps and see no difference in Froyo closing them down to free up more memory. After the Flash install I am back to the same amount of free internal storage as before the Froyo upgrade.
    Go to Settings->Applications->Running services....IF (a big if) you recall, we had much less total RAM available..Froyo has added about 150-160mb in that total list, and I have about 300+ available after killing off stuff. Quite a bit more room than I'm used to!
    you sound like you know me with the IF a big if. I never understood the memory description in the Nexus. Now on Froyo going there I see:
    Ha! Yep..I recall those numbers totalling up no where near the 300mb mark, like they do now. As I've beaten to death in many threads, when my phone became sluggish, I typically only had about 30mb available, and launching anything large after that would soft-crash or worse, necessitating a selective task killing process. I see myself doing MUCH less task killing in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    I don't know, I'm starting to think this was just one going to the Press to review key features?

Google still hasn't made an announcement of any sort regarding this.

Usually when a update is installed and it all starts up, it has a little tutorial thing and shows the new things and whatnot. This didn't have anything. I don't know guys, I really think they are still doing touch-ups on the finished product, and thats why only press people got the update.

I'm not complaining, it's working Flawless, it just seems...weird. Some of the features were misunderstood I guess you could say, by a lot of people.
    I don't remember a tutorial when I first got my Nexus One and turned it on and it auto updated to 2.1 but if that were the case..., we'd find out here on the forum, right?
    Could we run the update that the link was posted here PASSIMG_Passion_Google_WWE_1.01.1700.1_ERD79_relea se_signed and install that the same way we did Froyo and let the OTA of Froyo be pushed to our phones?
    Would that work?

Ha! Yep..I recall those numbers totalling up no where near the 300mb mark, like they do now. As I've beaten to death in many threads, when my phone became sluggish, I typically only had about 30mb available, and launching anything large after that would soft-crash or worse, necessitating a selective task killing process. I see myself doing MUCH less task killing in the future.
    OK, thanks for that. Alphawave7.

Still unable to get Hulu working. Done the AU string thing, settings to 'on demand', and still no go..keeps erroring 'not for your platform'. Flash working fine on other sites. Same regardless of signed in or not...

Still unable to get Hulu working. Done the AU string thing, settings to 'on demand', and still no go..keeps erroring 'not for your platform'. Flash working fine on other sites. Same regardless of signed in or not...
    I don't see an on demand setting in the AU string. I set mine on Browser and it works everytime. Just have to reload the page.
    [PHONE] Nexus 4

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[TABLET] Nexus 7

[ROM] CM11 Nightlies

Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links