froyo available now??

This is a discussion on froyo available now?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Syntax323 Originally Posted by windmill360 Apparently Google took the link to the manual update down. Yeah. That's why it gives me more ...

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Thread: froyo available now??

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by windmill360 View Post
    Apparently Google took the link to the manual update down.
    Yeah. That's why it gives me more reason to believe this was just a review one, not full Froyo. Ya know.

Just didn't seem as finished as it was all described to be.

Especially since the OTA hasn't really hit the public yet. So...
    I believe the OTA started this weekend for T-Mobile clients.....slowly but surely..

Quote Originally Posted by InS0mNiAc View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by windmill360 View Post
    Apparently Google took the link to the manual update down.
    Yeah. That's why it gives me more reason to believe this was just a review one, not full Froyo. Ya know.

I believe the OTA started this weekend for T-Mobile clients.....slowly but surely..
    Very few clients actually received the OTA update. Most were press. It has been theorized that the release to them was accidental and was only meant for internal use. That wouldn't surprise me given most press members were probably given the same batch of phones as Google employees.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post

Very few clients actually received the OTA update. Most were press. It has been theorized that the release to them was accidental and was only meant for internal use. That wouldn't surprise me given most press members were probably given the same batch of phones as Google employees.
    ...and especially since Google has had a statement, or anything. I don't think this is the finalized version IMO. Doesn't seem right. Even google employees haven't said anything on their support forums,

from cyanogen's twitter...
    @romainguy
    Android 2.2 is being rolled out to a very limited test group. We expect a final build to be available for OTA updates shortly, stay tuned!

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post

...and especially since Google has had a statement, or anything. I don't think this is the finalized version IMO. Doesn't seem right. Even google employees haven't said anything on their support forums,

Well, here's hoping that if it was a test release, that the new one has a diff signature and all of us manual installs get the updated.

Well, this may be a stupid question, but if the signature isn't different, how do those of us that manually updated get the 'real' update?

I don't know...

Quote Originally Posted by Smeikle View Post
    Well, this may be a stupid question, but if the signature isn't different, how do those of us that manually updated get the 'real' update?
    Is there a stock 2.1 image to drop back to then allow the OTA to push the "official"?

So what's the best way to install FroYo with a stock AT&T N1? I've barely had mine a month...

Andy

Has anybody had radio problems after the Froyo upgrade. I have had Bluetooth, WIFI and phone issues. I have to go to airplane mode to turn the radios of and back on to temporarily fix the problems.

Page 39 of 41 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links