froyo available now??

This is a discussion on froyo available now?? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by lisa.nexus.one just read 40 pages of excitement... ive seen this question asked a million times and in a million diff ways but ...

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: froyo available now??

Quote Originally Posted by lisa.nexus.one View Post
    just read 40 pages of excitement... ive seen this question asked a million times and in a million diff ways but im STILL not clear on the answer, my build version is EPE54B, usually i see something mentioned about AT&T mentioned with this, im aussie and i dont even know what an AT&T is. My carrier is 3 if that matters.

I just want to know what will happen if i try to use this to install over my phone? Will it just not work or will something bad happen? If no one has even tried it then im willing to give it a go.

Just want to know if someone has already done it and failed to save me the bother.
    For our model of phone, it requires root access to force new firmware etc. Our phones will not recognize the patch that is floating around.

just read 40 pages of excitement... ive seen this question asked a million times and in a million diff ways but im STILL not clear on the answer, my build version is EPE54B, usually i see something mentioned about AT&T mentioned with this, im aussie and i dont even know what an AT&T is. My carrier is 3 if that matters.

I just want to know what will happen if i try to use this to install over my phone? Will it just not work or will something bad happen? If no one has even tried it then im willing to give it a go.

Just want to know if someone has already done it and failed to save me the bother.
    No worries. ATT is the carrier. the OTA should not harm your phone if sent to you. You may have to ask your carrier if it will be available.

Quote Originally Posted by bgolfn View Post

No worries. ATT is the carrier. the OTA should not harm your phone if sent to you. You may have to ask your carrier if it will be available.
    The update comes from Google, not the carrier.

just read 40 pages of excitement... ive seen this question asked a million times and in a million diff ways but im STILL not clear on the answer, my build version is EPE54B
    That build number indicates you have the version of the Nexus One with a radio that uses the 850/1900/2100 MHz frequencies for 3G. This is often referred to as the "AT&T" version, since that's the major US carrier that uses those frequencies. It looks like the Australian carrier 3 uses them for their network as well. The T-Moblie version (the first to be released) of the Nexus One has a different radio that uses different frequencies for 3G.

usually i see something mentioned about AT&T mentioned with this, im aussie and i dont even know what an AT&T is.
    AT&T

You can only apply the leaked Froyo update over build ERE27, which is the latest official 2.1 build for the T-Mobile version. Otherwise it will just refuse to install. To get Froyo on an AT&T version phone is more complicated, and you have to unlock the bootloader which will void your warranty.

ok thanks for the replies. saves me the headache of trying it out. guess i will keep waiting!
    Wow my phone does everything .. except play WoW
    _____
    |derp |
    ŻŻŻŻ\|
    ------+----(thaddius)++++++++++

why cant i get some of my paid apps on froyo i need my windows togo i paid like 20 bucks for thats and i do some of my work on it does anyone have the answer to this help me

Quote Originally Posted by threlkeldjr View Post
    why cant i get some of my paid apps on froyo i need my windows togo i paid like 20 bucks for thats and i do some of my work on it does anyone have the answer to this help me
    The Market is sensitive to your version. You will not see apps that wont work with 2.2 on the market so people don't download non-compatable apps.
    It seems that windows togo has not made adjustments neccesary to work on 2.2, and in their defense FROYO isn't out yet....
    You should email them to get it handled, and if its a must have, you need to revert back to 2.1
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links