Beware the Froyo!

This is a discussion on Beware the Froyo! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Uhhh.... Well I would assume caution is being used with everyone as this is a hacked leak you guys are doing. If you can't live ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Beware the Froyo!

  1. #11
    Senior Member dimmakherbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    475
    Uhhh.... Well I would assume caution is being used with everyone as this is a hacked leak you guys are doing. If you can't live without something or your phone you should NOT being doing this!
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

  2. #12
    Senior Member N1David's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    866
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    Uhhh.... Well I would assume caution is being used with everyone as this is a hacked leak you guys are doing. If you can't live without something or your phone you should NOT being doing this!
    If this is true, how do we get the actual release? Can we use the file PASSIMG_Passion_Google_WWE_1.01.1700.1_ERD79_relea se_signed
    the same way as this one and will that let the official release be pushed to our phones?

  3. #13
    Junior Member peejayw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    Uhhh.... Well I would assume caution is being used with everyone as this is a hacked leak you guys are doing.
    No, its not a hacked leak. If you follow the threads, you will see it was obtained by backtracking the url on a phone that was sent the update link from Google.

  4. #14
    Senior Member dimmakherbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    475
    Quote Originally Posted by peejayw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    Uhhh.... Well I would assume caution is being used with everyone as this is a hacked leak you guys are doing.
    No, its not a hacked leak. If you follow the threads, you will see it was obtained by backtracking the url on a phone that was sent the update link from Google.
    This is an OTA to DEMO phones! This was sniffed out and the URL was given. Your IME is not ready to receive this update and neither is the market and apps, you are basicially running a BETA version of 2.2 that is intended to get the Media guys their update to get flash and blog about the new features.

    Your update would have come OTA probably in a week or so. Because you are not supposed to have it yet, your paid apps aren't available and some features will not work properly.
    The SDK came out all of 2 days ago, devs have not been able to update their software to comply, therefore you will not see market items you are not compatible with.

    The original phone that got this-
    denied the update booted under and 'hacked' up the sending url. this was then leaked to XDA which then put it here. hacked leak.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

  5. #15
    Android Addict alphawave7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    609
    Thanked
    62 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by peejayw View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dimmakherbs View Post
    Uhhh.... Well I would assume caution is being used with everyone as this is a hacked leak you guys are doing.
    No, its not a hacked leak. If you follow the threads, you will see it was obtained by backtracking the url on a phone that was sent the update link from Google.
    This is an OTA to DEMO phones! This was sniffed out and the URL was given. Your IME is not ready to receive this update and neither is the market and apps, you are basicially running a BETA version of 2.2 that is intended to get the Media guys their update to get flash and blog about the new features.

    Your update would have come OTA probably in a week or so. Because you are not supposed to have it yet, your paid apps aren't available and some features will not work properly.
    The SDK came out all of 2 days ago, devs have not been able to update their software to comply, therefore you will not see market items you are not compatible with.

    The original phone that got this-
    denied the update booted under and 'hacked' up the sending url. this was then leaked to XDA which then put it here. hacked leak.
    All the better...any change to Froyo by Google will be yet another version number, which would indeed be pushed OTA. Aside from some FC's from a few apps, the phone is far more useful now than it was yesterday..the wifi hotspot is worth the price of admission.

  6. #16
    Android Lurker maris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I'm sure before long the apps that aren't working correctly will be updated. The developers haven't had the SDK but a few days. I've found a few things that won't work for me, but the one I miss the most is my Swype beta keyboard.
    My Swype is working fine. What problem are you having?
    Thanks, rioja ... I have the "official beta" version of Swype and I get a message something about it was made for a different phone. I went to the email I received when I got the beta and re-downloaded the installer from the beta site. When I attempt to install it using the installer, at one point it wants my email and password, but it won't recognize my valid creds. I use the same email/pw to get onto the beta site, so I know they are correct, but the installer won't recognize them so I can't install it again.

    I'm so bummed because I really am attached to the Swype keyboard. Meanwhile, all is not lost, because the dictation capabilities in FroYo seem to be improved because it understands my dictating during SMS much better.

  7. #17
    Android Lurker maris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    0
    @dimmakherbs ... I'm sorry, but I disagree. This is a signed release from Google, not a hacked up version. Additionally, do you think they would leave the press out on a limb for using this version? I'm sure if an update comes for any last minute tweaking, it will work OTA for anyone who has this version. So far, the only problem I've had is my Swype not working, but that is a beta.

    All my market apps are there and show up in the download area for now, but from reading the Google forum there may have been some changes for that, as well. A Google employee is saying now that free apps only show up for a short time under the downloads tab. This is a change because mine have always been there.

  8. #18
    Senior Member dimmakherbs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    475
    Well you can call it what you want and we can play semantic games, but the bottom line is you didn't get this OTA because it wasn't meant for you yet.
    So I am trying to let people know that they are updating to something early and may not have features that work. It is also updating your radio

    So far we have:
    wifi not working for some
    3g not working for some
    apps not showing up to restore
    apps not working
    launcher loops
    lots of force close issues (i stopped counting)
    i had a bug where the messenger app would press and either go to market, gallery, or somewhere else.

    your not gonna get support on issues if you arent' supposed to have it, so upgrade at your own risk. that is all
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

  9. #19
    Junior Member Lastexile's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    12
    Hmmm i manually updated too but what if I don't like it, can I revert back to 2.1 update1?

  10. #20
    Senior Member rioja's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    741
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I'm sure before long the apps that aren't working correctly will be updated. The developers haven't had the SDK but a few days. I've found a few things that won't work for me, but the one I miss the most is my Swype beta keyboard.
    My Swype is working fine. What problem are you having?
    Thanks, rioja ... I have the "official beta" version of Swype and I get a message something about it was made for a different phone. I went to the email I received when I got the beta and re-downloaded the installer from the beta site. When I attempt to install it using the installer, at one point it wants my email and password, but it won't recognize my valid creds. I use the same email/pw to get onto the beta site, so I know they are correct, but the installer won't recognize them so I can't install it again.

    I'm so bummed because I really am attached to the Swype keyboard. Meanwhile, all is not lost, because the dictation capabilities in FroYo seem to be improved because it understands my dictating during SMS much better.
    Well, I'm using this one if you want to try it. http://bit.ly/cymhxA I'm not in the "official" beta, but it is a working copy. Should hold you over for the time being.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Android Forum