Beware the Froyo!

This is a discussion on Beware the Froyo! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I just updated to Froyo via instructions posted in other messages here and it works great. However, I have lost some critical functionality. Thick Keys ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beware the Froyo!

Beware the Froyo!

I just updated to Froyo via instructions posted in other messages here and it works great.

However, I have lost some critical functionality. Thick Keys is the first thing that dies because of the update. I also discovered that Power Search no longer searches inside my calendar. Froyo still doesn't have calendar search capability so now I am SCREWED!

I gotta have calendar search!

TD

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by tyler.durden View Post
    I just updated to Froyo via instructions posted in other messages here and it works great.

However, I have lost some critical functionality. Thick Keys is the first thing that dies because of the update. I also discovered that Power Search no longer searches inside my calendar. Froyo still doesn't have calendar search capability so now I am SCREWED!

I gotta have calendar search!

TD
    I'm sure before long the apps that aren't working correctly will be updated. The developers haven't had the SDK but a few days. I've found a few things that won't work for me, but the one I miss the most is my Swype beta keyboard.

Question

Yeah, for me pure calendar widget was pretty important, now its blank and just force closes...hope that one gets fixed.

Even HelixLauncher is FC'ing on me...as well as other mission-critical apps..the devs are gonna be BUSY this weekend! :rofl3:

try redownloading the apps. that fixed the apps for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    I'm sure before long the apps that aren't working correctly will be updated. The developers haven't had the SDK but a few days. I've found a few things that won't work for me, but the one I miss the most is my Swype beta keyboard.
    My Swype is working fine. What problem are you having?

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by rioja View Post
    Mine just won't work at all. Having to relearn the stock keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    Uninstall it and start over.that's what I had to do
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

WOW! (again!) Froyo fixed an annoying stutter when downloading the first song in Subsonic! Used to get a bunch of notifications during the download, which interrupted playback during that first tune, successive tunes played fine. Now even the first plays uninterrupted. /happy sigh...I love Google...

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post

Uninstall it and start over.that's what I had to do
    Not sure I still have it. Hmm.

Edit: Nope. Reinstalled and still not working. bummer.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links