Needed: Idiots guide to manual 2.2 update

This is a discussion on Needed: Idiots guide to manual 2.2 update within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Bishop6 Originally Posted by ukwildcats11 ^ That's what I thought as well, Bishop, but iphoneuser was claiming in the other thread he ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Needed: Idiots guide to manual 2.2 update

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwildcats11 View Post
    ^ That's what I thought as well, Bishop, but iphoneuser was claiming in the other thread he was able to download the froyo file directly on his N1. I tried multiple to do this and just kept getting an error, unable to download on this device.
    I'll go over there... and figure out how he did it.
    Thanks Bishop6. I'll check it out as well.

I do not.

Should I give that a try? Search "Astro" in the Market?
    I had it and uninstalled it. Will do it again, but also wonder if its just better to wait for the push.

I do not.

Should I give that a try? Search "Astro" in the Market?
    Worth a shot, I think.

Looking for me?

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...7.1e519a24.zip

I used this link on my phone and a popup came with the file name and an option to save.
    I was using skyfire. That link is also on page 6 of http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ble-now-6.html
    second post.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

^ That's what I thought as well, Bishop, but iphoneuser was claiming in the other thread he was able to download the froyo file directly on his N1. I tried multiple to do this and just kept getting an error, unable to download on this device.
    Try the link on my previous post.
    LOL...BTW it's iPhoneSlayer not iphoneuser....there's a big difference.
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by iPhoneSlayer View Post
    Looking for me?

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...7.1e519a24.zip

I used this link on my phone and a popup came with the file name and an option to save.
    I was using skyfire. That link is also on page 6 of http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...ble-now-6.html
    second post.
    Thanks 'iPhoneSlayer'...

dudewithaplan needed it, as he wasn't near a pc anytime soon.
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

OK, after downloading and installing Astro File Manager, the above link allowed me to download the file. However, it did not give me a choice of choosing a location.

Now I changed the name to update.zip, but I could not figure out to copy the file to the SD Card. In Astro Manager I have a file titled "update" and when I click on it I believe it shows the file saved in /sdcard/download/update.zip.

Anyways, I then followed all the other steps and when it came time to - 7. From the menu that appears, select “Apply sdcard:update.zip.” - I did that but it said no file or directory exists.

Man, help is very much appreciated guys. And sorry for butchering your SN sir!

OK, after downloading and installing Astro File Manager, the above link allowed me to download the file. However, it did not give me a choice of choosing a location.

Now I changed the name to update.zip, but I could not figure out to copy the file to the SD Card. In Astro Manager I have a file titled "update" and when I click on it I believe it shows the file saved in /sdcard/download/update.zip.

Anyways, I then followed all the other steps and when it came time to - 7. From the menu that appears, select “Apply sdcard:update.zip.” - I did that but it said no file or directory exists.

Man, help is very much appreciated guys. And sorry for butchering your SN sir!
    Use Astro to move the update.zip file to root. Long-press->'copy' and then 'paste', or 'move'...has to be in root for Recovery to see it.

So long story short, I'm pretty certain my problem is the file is saved as update.zip, however it is saved in the /sdcard/download folder, instead of just the root sdcard folder.

I'm just not sure how to move it from the download folder to the regular root sd card folder.

Thanks folks. I'm going to wait til tomorrow. Got stuff to do and maybe ill get lucky with a push.

Good luck UKwildcats..... oh btw. Rock chalk jayhawk! ;-)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links