Needed: Idiots guide to manual 2.2 update

This is a discussion on Needed: Idiots guide to manual 2.2 update within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Maybe its the beer. I'm running stock on an ere27 and have no idea how to download and update to froyo. Clicked on the link. ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Needed: Idiots guide to manual 2.2 update

Needed: Idiots guide to manual 2.2 update

Maybe its the beer. I'm running stock on an ere27 and have no idea how to download and update to froyo. Clicked on the link. Got the error message. Read the guide and am still befuddled. I do not have pc access or my usb cord as I'm on the road for the next week.

HELP!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by dudewithaplan View Post
    Maybe its the beer. I'm running stock on an ere27 and have no idea how to download and update to froyo. Clicked on the link. Got the error message. Read the guide and am still befuddled. I do not have pc access or my usb cord as I'm on the road for the next week.

HELP!
    To get started... you need a pc in order to download the package unto your Nexus,
    + USB cable.

Otherwise you will have to wait for it to be 'pushed' unto your Nexus.
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

^ That's what I thought as well, Bishop, but iphoneuser was claiming in the other thread he was able to download the froyo file directly on his N1. I tried multiple to do this and just kept getting an error, unable to download on this device.

Try the link in the Guide posted under Site News->Nexus One News...you should be able to d/l that file.

Quote Originally Posted by ukwildcats11 View Post
    ^ That's what I thought as well, Bishop, but iphoneuser was claiming in the other thread he was able to download the froyo file directly on his N1. I tried multiple to do this and just kept getting an error, unable to download on this device.
    I'll go over there... and figure out how he did it.
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

Clicking the link in that post above d/l's it to my phone.

Trying to download the http://android.clients.google.com/pa...7.1e519a24.zip file directly to my N1 from that thread still just gives me the same "Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone."

Quote Originally Posted by ukwildcats11 View Post
    Trying to download the http://android.clients.google.com/pa...7.1e519a24.zip file directly to my N1 from that thread still just gives me the same "Cannot download. The content is not supported on this phone."
    Do you have any File Manager on your phone, like Astro? I *think* you may need an app that recognises the .zip extension.

I do not.

Should I give that a try? Search "Astro" in the Market?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links