Anyone have WiFi improvement with Froyo?

This is a discussion on Anyone have WiFi improvement with Froyo? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by cbsproducer since froyo my wifi won't stay connected either. it was just fine before, now it's a mess. only a reboot of ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone have WiFi improvement with Froyo?

Quote Originally Posted by cbsproducer View Post
    since froyo my wifi won't stay connected either. it was just fine before, now it's a mess. only a reboot of the wireless router will fix it. it says it's connected but after a little while there is no action
    exact same issue, what a mess ugh

Same problem here stays connected for a little while then stops working.... it says its still connected but nothing will work... disconnecting and reconnecting works for a while..... only after 2.2 worked fine with 2.1

Quote Originally Posted by saintRichie View Post
    Same problem here stays connected for a little while then stops working.... it says its still connected but nothing will work... disconnecting and reconnecting works for a while..... only after 2.2 worked fine with 2.1
    what routers are you using? just curious
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Was using WiFi Fixer before Froyo to keep my connection alive; since Froyo I've uninstalled that app and have had no more WiFi. My connection stays active and connects automatically just like I would expect any other device.

Speeds are a lot better than before also, used to max out at ~8 megs, now it's constantly pushing upwards of 12-16.

People's experiences, problems and the solutions are so inconsistent with this issue, it's just crazy!

I've been reading that some folks having big problems with wifi on the EVO too.

I'm using a netgear dgnb2100

Zero problems with wifi here. In fact my wifi speeds have increased along with better 3G speeds and connections. My N1 has never performed as well as it does with FroYo.

I had no issues with Eclair, but now Froyo seems to have taken out the option to connect to WPA Enterprise network. That is, the ability is still there, but you can't set up the Phase II Type, which makes it impossible for me to connect to my Uni's network.

At home it works fine, though I have an open network with nothing but MAC filtering.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links