Anyone have WiFi improvement with Froyo?

This is a discussion on Anyone have WiFi improvement with Froyo? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Just wondering if anyone that had problems staying connected to their routers notices any improvement with Froyo?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have WiFi improvement with Froyo?

Anyone have WiFi improvement with Froyo?

Just wondering if anyone that had problems staying connected to their routers notices any improvement with Froyo?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I actually went from having no Wifi issues at all (on CM 5.0.6) to no longer being able to connect to my wifi network at home. Just spent the last 2 hours trying everything. upgraded firmware on router and still nothing. It's stuck at "Obtaining IP Address".

Anyone else with the same issue?

It has gotten worse for me with the 2.2 update. I can't keep a connection for more than a couple of minutes without having to stop/start the wifi to get it working again. I am also having problems streaming music using StreamFurious on WiFi and Mobile internet. I keep getting Broken Pipe errors. I have 2 Nexus Ones and only updated one to check out the software compatibility and and I don't get those network errors on the 2.1 phone.

im getting more download speed with tests. no other problems.

note:this could just be a time when I tested the phone and got a higher speed, but its about 50% higher i think
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

I was hoping Google would have addressed this issue in Froyo. Hoping it's not hardware related, but it's starting to look that way.

I've seen all kinds of posts on how to fix it, but each fix only works for some people.

im guessing its conflicts with apps that you have. I have no wifi issues at all after update
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

my phone connect really fast to my wifi... thats weird... and i have a linksys WRT54B and sometimes the admin page got corrupted and i have to restart the router cos it start to work weird (if anyone know why this happen and know how to fix it, send me a PM pls)

the wifi is great... no issues for me

Mines improved, when I used to turn my WiFi switch on, it would sometimes not automatically connect to saved networks.

Since installing Froyo, I haven't experienced this problem, been less than 24 hours since update though so we'll see!
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

all i can say is my wifi connection hasn't been this fast before! lovin' froyo! =)

since froyo my wifi won't stay connected either. it was just fine before, now it's a mess. only a reboot of the wireless router will fix it. it says it's connected but after a little while there is no action

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links