Your Froyo Experience..

This is a discussion on Your Froyo Experience.. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Budske so, i can take out ext and wipe the SD??? and get it clean and get more space... nice...... but CM ...

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Froyo Experience..

Quote Originally Posted by Budske View Post
    so, i can take out ext and wipe the SD??? and get it clean and get more space... nice......

but CM will work with the ext3?? cos if the devs dont add the apps to SD, all the apps will me stored on the phone (64 mb aviable on the phone)
    You bring up some good points!

I never used apps2sd with CM, so I'm not overly familiar with any limitations it had. But looking at the Google Docs on how it will work in Froyo App Install Location | Android Developers there is the section "Applications That Should NOT Install on External Storage"

It reads:
    When the user enables USB mass storage to share files with their computer (or otherwise unmounts or removes the external storage), any application installed on the external storage and currently running is killed. The system effectively becomes unaware of the application until mass storage is disabled and the external storage is remounted on the device.
    For most part, that's not too bad, but there are a couple of scenarios/classes in the sdk that say you shouldn't use apps2sd. Specifically "App Widget", "AccountManager" and " AbstractThreadedSyncAdapter". I believe these classes are highly used in apps that provides a homescreen widget, user authentication/login to a remote resource or sync data in the background.

thats a good point Rioja, but i never had problem with Apps to SD on CM.. i had all the app on my SD, even the widgets like Pure Calendar and never had any problem cos the launcher load the widgets and keep them running... i think, cos when i was using helix, i could see how the memory of the app grow as i added more stuff on the launcher.

another thing... i just got an email on the gmail app and the trackball blinks... but its white.. anyone know where i can change the color???

... i just got an email on the gmail app and the trackball blinks... but its white.. anyone know where i can change the color???
    'App Dependent', meaning the phone can give you multi colours, but it needs to be developed / enabled by the dev. for the particular app.
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

Cool! I don't know if it has been mentioned yet (too lazy to read the whole thread) but i found something new in the gallery. When you have a stack of photos, just do a pinch to zoom and you'll see all the pics in that stack like a slide show. Nice!
    Come here little sheep; I have a nice juicy apple for you!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nexus One: Locked and Rooted
    ROM: CM7

froyo now gives you an 'auto' setting for your screen brightness. However, I find that the auto dim and auto brighten are very slow to react. It's worse than my BB9700, but at least that works consistently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    ... i just got an email on the gmail app and the trackball blinks... but its white.. anyone know where i can change the color???
    'App Dependent', meaning the phone can give you multi colours, but it needs to be developed / enabled by the dev. for the particular app.
    well google is the dev of the gmail app... and the mail app, and the messaging app...
    but you can't change the notification colors for those? So google released 2.2 for the nexus one with multi-color trackball support, but they have not updated the most basic of their apps to support it?

that seems pretty stupid to me...

Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    well google is the dev of the gmail app... and the mail app, and the messaging app...
    but you can't change the notification colors for those? So google released 2.2 for the nexus one with multi-color trackball support, but they have not updated the most basic of their apps to support it?

that seems pretty stupid to me...
    I'm sure all these perks will come in time...
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

Quote Originally Posted by disbj4ke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    And on that note...I just tried silencing my ringer for overnight...and it stops at vibrate! Another thing to sort out tomorrow! LOL

Menu>sound> uncheck always vibrate
    It's stupid. You're forced to select from the 4 choices now. I actually liked how I could press the volume-down button to set it to vibrate only, then one more click for complete silence with no vibrate. With froyo, that's no longer a possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyG28 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    And on that note...I just tried silencing my ringer for overnight...and it stops at vibrate! Another thing to sort out tomorrow! LOL

It's stupid. You're forced to select from the 4 choices now. I actually liked how I could press the volume-down button to set it to vibrate only, then one more click for complete silence with no vibrate. With froyo, that's no longer a possibility.
    seriously? are you sure about that?

cxm
    Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofyG28 View Post

seriously? are you sure about that?
    Yeah - I can't find a way to knock it all the way down to silent (without vibrate) with just the volume rocker. Not ideal, but not really a deal-breaker for me personally - esp given the performance gain..

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links