Your Froyo Experience..

This is a discussion on Your Froyo Experience.. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I think it is hilarious all the people who are *****ing and complaining. Does everyone really think that this will have EVERY single option that ...

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Froyo Experience..

I think it is hilarious all the people who are *****ing and complaining. Does everyone really think that this will have EVERY single option that they wanted? That this is the "end all" OS and that everything will be perfect? That there will never be anything to improve upon? I for one am more than happy with everything improved upon in this build. And yes this is the final build that is coming to everyone in the next few weeks. Even google can not make a thousand more improvements and have it all tested within the next week. Get over it and start enjoying it!!
    AT&T 3G Nexus Uno
    -Froyo 2.2

Quote Originally Posted by cxm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofyG28 View Post

It's stupid. You're forced to select from the 4 choices now. I actually liked how I could press the volume-down button to set it to vibrate only, then one more click for complete silence with no vibrate. With froyo, that's no longer a possibility.
    seriously? are you sure about that?
    Yeah - I can't find a way to knock it all the way down to silent (without vibrate) with just the volume rocker. Not ideal, but not really a deal-breaker for me personally - esp given the performance gain..
    Fortunately, no calls overnight, so it didn't vibrate off the bedside table! I never used vibrate anyway, so I just set it to 'never' choice, and can now control volume as before, all the way to silent. Strange that Google felt the need to change this feature.

Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    In summary (it's been a LOOOOOG DAY, and my battery is now dead!) aside form FC'ing on Handsent, HelixLauncher2, and a few other more minor apps, FroYo rocks. Don't understand why Hulu won't work for me, after the AU setting to Desktop, but I'll futz with it more tomorrow...I'm slogged and giving up!
    Hey alphawave, hulu didn't work for me last night. I tried to watch a show on it and it played until the first commercial and then left me with a white box and a play button in the middle and that was it. I rebooted the phone, cleared cache, re-did the uastring, nothing helped.
    Anyone have any ideas??
    Haven't gotten to it yet..will report back any success.

Copy & Paste text in Gmail!

My browser takes like 2-5 seconds to load sometimes when i press the new browser icon. It use to be instantaneous.

Edit: another small thing I noticed is that when you use the trackball on the home screen the icons are highlighted a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyG28 View Post
    froyo now gives you an 'auto' setting for your screen brightness. However, I find that the auto dim and auto brighten are very slow to react. It's worse than my BB9700, but at least that works consistently.
    It's always had an auto setting. I used that in 2.1 nearly from day one.

I reported earlier that my Android Agenda Calendar widget would not work with FroYo. I am happy to report now that the developer has already fixed the problem and sent me a beta replacement while he gets the final version ready for market update. I once again have my favorite widget up and running. I'm just amazed at how responsive our Android Developer Community is.

I can watch Lakers vs Suns live on my phone haha!

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cxm View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NPuter View Post
    seriously? are you sure about that?
    Yeah - I can't find a way to knock it all the way down to silent (without vibrate) with just the volume rocker. Not ideal, but not really a deal-breaker for me personally - esp given the performance gain..
    Fortunately, no calls overnight, so it didn't vibrate off the bedside table! I never used vibrate anyway, so I just set it to 'never' choice, and can now control volume as before, all the way to silent. Strange that Google felt the need to change this feature.
    there is a mute app. or rather widget. that's what i use. it's called "MUTE"
    If I had to name my greatest strength, I guess it would be my humility. Greatest weakness, it's possible that I'm a little too awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by windmill360 View Post
    I can watch Lakers vs Suns live on my phone haha!
    How, from what website?

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links