Your Froyo Experience..

This is a discussion on Your Froyo Experience.. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by Lost Dog Originally Posted by GoofyG28 froyo now gives you an 'auto' setting for your screen brightness. However, I find that the ...

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Froyo Experience..

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Dog View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GoofyG28 View Post
    froyo now gives you an 'auto' setting for your screen brightness. However, I find that the auto dim and auto brighten are very slow to react. It's worse than my BB9700, but at least that works consistently.
    It's always had an auto setting. I used that in 2.1 nearly from day one.
    Really? How come I only had the three brightness levels to choose from in 2.1? I feel stupid now.

Quote Originally Posted by johnny cizzle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cxm View Post

Yeah - I can't find a way to knock it all the way down to silent (without vibrate) with just the volume rocker. Not ideal, but not really a deal-breaker for me personally - esp given the performance gain..
    Fortunately, no calls overnight, so it didn't vibrate off the bedside table! I never used vibrate anyway, so I just set it to 'never' choice, and can now control volume as before, all the way to silent. Strange that Google felt the need to change this feature.
    there is a mute app. or rather widget. that's what i use. it's called "MUTE"
    I hate vibrations on my table when I'm sleeping, too. That's why Nokia disables vibrate when charging. Even a quick buzz from a notification on my N1 will sometimes wake me up.

I have Beautiful Widget, and one of the widgets is "Beautiful Silent." If that button is turned on (color = green), then both sound and vibrate are disabled.

Or, when I really want my peace and quiet, I go to airplane mode.

Maybe it's a stock browser problem but scrolling can be alot slower on some pages (pages with flash) or not even work sometimes. I hope the official release isn't like this.

Does anyone else notice on Advanced Task Killer that apps you just killed pop up again? Any way to change this?

jah
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuy88 View Post
    Does anyone else notice on Advanced Task Killer that apps you just killed pop up again? Any way to change this?
    You can kill apps natively in the apps settings page. I didn't know you could do that before. And it does it more effectively. Also, that seems to belie the argument that google devs must be frustrated by the app killing apps.

Quote Originally Posted by jah View Post
    You can kill apps natively in the apps settings page. I didn't know you could do that before. And it does it more effectively. Also, that seems to belie the argument that google devs must be frustrated by the app killing apps.
    Oh nice. So this means I don't really need Advanced Task Killer anymore does it?

i notice that the running aps dont use alot of memory, only if u r using it, so i dont kill stuff anymore

Quote Originally Posted by nexash View Post
    Maybe it's a stock browser problem but scrolling can be alot slower on some pages (pages with flash) or not even work sometimes. I hope the official release isn't like this.
    Second this. Some sites have pretty choppy scrolling.

Oh nice. So this means I don't really need Advanced Task Killer anymore does it?
    You never did "need" an app killer app. It was always there in the Settings -> Applications -> Manage....

The app killers just make it more accessible.

Installed the manual update on Saturday and LOVE it so far with one major exception. Since the update Pandora now has much lower quality audio and now plays audio ads every now and then. It used to only have ads on the screen but now has both! I'm sure this is intentional as I'm much more likely to upgrade to the paid version but I'm still disappointed.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links