Your Froyo Experience..

This is a discussion on Your Froyo Experience.. within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Originally Posted by N1David Originally Posted by jakkzen I haven't got 360 rotation. Only 270. Also another thing I noticed was if you enter *#*#4636#*#* ...

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Froyo Experience..

cxm
    Quote Originally Posted by N1David View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jakkzen View Post
    I haven't got 360 rotation. Only 270.

Also another thing I noticed was if you enter *#*#4636#*#* it gives you wifi options now that I never noticed before.
    Where do you enter *#*#4636#*#* ?
    type it on the phone dialer - as soon as you hit the last character, it takes you to the info screen (hence 4636= info)

i use taskiller (the red symbol one) and i used to have 80mb of available ram "max" and now it is easily 250mb. i don't think i even need a task manager anymore. awesome.

also i really like the new black faded effect when you hold down the home button to see what apps you were using.

and of course flash is awesome. it's amazing how the n1 went from not even having flash lite to having pretty good flash support.

the phone is soo much faster. what an update!

somethings i thought google/htc was really going to get in this one:
    -enabled multicolored trackball (i mean if the hardware is there why can't the OS just support it?)
    -enabled LED flashlight (like droidlight)
    -better music player (i mean is it really even that hard to design a new interface?)
    -big widgets like on sense UI devices (whole screen facebook, twitter widgets, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by asianxtreme View Post
    i use taskiller (the red symbol one) and i used to have 80mb of available ram "max" and now it is easily 250mb. i don't think i even need a task manager anymore. awesome.

also i really like the new black faded effect when you hold down the home button to see what apps you were using.

and of course flash is awesome. it's amazing how the n1 went from not even having flash lite to having pretty good flash support.

the phone is soo much faster. what an update!

somethings i thought google/htc was really going to get in this one:
    -enabled multicolored trackball (i mean if the hardware is there why can't the OS just support it?)
    -enabled LED flashlight (like droidlight)
    -better music player (i mean is it really even that hard to design a new interface?)
    -big widgets like on sense UI devices (whole screen facebook, twitter widgets, etc)
    Trackball is now multi-colored, based on app preferences.
    LED 'flashlight' is possible by using video recording, but not actually recording...
    Still waiting on the other two...but I could care less about Sense UI style widgetry.

what app gives multicolor? i know mail and messaging doesn't???
    please be very specific thx

and the thing about the flash LED is exactly what im saying...if the hardware is usable in the camera app then why not make it easier to access. maybe just wait for an app to pop up to enable it.

i don't really care about the widget either but im just saying that i thought they would include it in this update. like the new twitter included with froyo is still tiny (i don't even have twitter just saying)

Quote Originally Posted by asianxtreme View Post
    what app gives multicolor? i know mail and messaging doesn't???
    please be very specific thx

and the thing about the flash LED is exactly what im saying...if the hardware is usable in the camera app then why not make it easier to access. maybe just wait for an app to pop up to enable it.

i don't really care about the widget either but im just saying that i thought they would include it in this update. like the new twitter included with froyo is still tiny (i don't even have twitter just saying)
    The example I've verified is Handsent...scroll to Notification Settings, scroll to LED settings, 'Color of LED'.

apps to SD.. sorry guys i seen two people ask about apps to sd in this thread no one answered. I fiddled around the settings and i see no options for apps to SD. can anyone help me out to find that or is it even in this Froyo update? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Deekayx05 View Post
    apps to SD.. sorry guys i seen two people ask about apps to sd in this thread no one answered. I fiddled around the settings and i see no options for apps to SD. can anyone help me out to find that or is it even in this Froyo update? thanks.
    http://www.nexusoneforum.net/forum/n...s-sd-card.html

I thinks its funny that lots of people are saying it should do all sorts of stuff. Remember if it was an apple update it would cost you $10. Also this is stock and cyan will make it awesome. As far as I am concerned its super fast, stable and has flash. Can't wait for the cyan version.
    Was the only Australian N1 I have seen but my mate now owns one.
    32gb Sandisk.
    CM all the way baby.

Quote Originally Posted by robt772000 View Post
    I thinks its funny that lots of people are saying it should do all sorts of stuff. Remember if it was an apple update it would cost you $10. Also this is stock and cyan will make it awesome. As far as I am concerned its super fast, stable and has flash. Can't wait for the cyan version.
    I think folks think the OS should posess the controls that are now enabled, when it's the apps that utilise these new controls (apps2SD,LED colors,LED 'flashlight',etc.). They're there, but still sort of buried. Makes me wonder about a few other features, though...fm radio transceiver, for example...

In summary (it's been a LOOOOOG DAY, and my battery is now dead!) aside form FC'ing on Handsent, HelixLauncher2, and a few other more minor apps, FroYo rocks. Don't understand why Hulu won't work for me, after the AU setting to Desktop, but I'll futz with it more tomorrow...I'm slogged and giving up!

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links