HELP I broke Froyos hotspot capability!

This is a discussion on HELP I broke Froyos hotspot capability! within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I flashed to 2.2 and everything was working great...flash...apps...everything... I tried the hotspot app and when I turned it on it worked great, I could ...

Thread: HELP I broke Froyos hotspot capability!

HELP I broke Froyos hotspot capability!

I flashed to 2.2 and everything was working great...flash...apps...everything...

I tried the hotspot app and when I turned it on it worked great, I could connect my laptop and all...

Then I got the smart idea of entering a new SSID and decided to be "funny" and entered "AndrewE1's free access point for friends only :D..." Now I had the gut feeling that the extra and special characters would break something and sure enough they did.

Now when I try to enable the hotspot it says "enabled" but it says error on the settings menu, and its not working..... Problem is I CANT CHANGE THE SETTINGS because the hotspot needs to be fully enabled, until then...the settings option is greyed out and can't go into it...

I think this might be a serious bug, I tried rebooting my phone and reflashing but my settings are still there lol...

any ideas?

cheers

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

hard reset your phone.. may help.. or may be other option to fix that.

I fixed it...there was a post on the official google forums about it.

I just reset the privacy settings and all done...

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewe1 View Post
    I fixed it...there was a post on the official google forums about it.

I just reset the privacy settings and all done...

cheers
    Will you post the solution guide for the issue of your? We may all learn something from it.
    Thank!

mine is not working anymore after FRF91
    the SSID doesent broadcast from phone, i tried on 2 pc and a ps3... nothing

I did the same mistake setting a too long SSID string and then enabling the hotspot was no longer possible. And since the settings can only be reached when the hotspot has been enabled there is no way to reach the settings again to change SSID. A deadlock for the hotspot function. Only solution is then to reset the whole device.

This is a bug (or rather an oversight by the developers to accept input of an SSID that malfunctions hotspot activation).

Is there documentation somewhere that describes the constraints (such as maximum length) for a valid SSID ?

u can try enabling all the power control widgets (bluetooth, wifi, etc..) and see if wifi hotspot works again
    somehow it fixed my wifi hotspot

but yea dont get all fancy with the SSID, keep it simple

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links