Help! Froyo and Helix Launcher 2 do not play nice

This is a discussion on Help! Froyo and Helix Launcher 2 do not play nice within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hey everyone, I updated to Froyo and now I can't get to my home screen! HelixLauncher2 force closes on boot repeatedly. Is there any way ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Froyo and Helix Launcher 2 do not play nice

Help! Froyo and Helix Launcher 2 do not play nice

Hey everyone,

I updated to Froyo and now I can't get to my home screen! HelixLauncher2 force closes on boot repeatedly. Is there any way to clear the home screen default, access the settings, or the default homescreen or anything?

So I guess a warning to all - if you use Helix Launcher, delete it or reset the defaults before updating.

Any help appreciated. My phone is pretty useless right now.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Been posted by me already in the huge Froyo thread. A reinstall does NOT help. You will need to delete Helix2 from apps, and wait for dev to update to support Froyo.

Okay just found this thread with instructions on how to boot in to safe mode Helix Launcher problem... - Android Forums

The instructions say to hold down "menu" but in fact on the Nexus One it seems to be the trackball button that you need to hold down.

I managed to boot in to Safe Mode and clear the defaults for HelixLauncher2 and will see if that works.

Go to settings>applications>manage applications>Helixlauncher> Clear Default settings. That will allow you to use the regular launcher when you press the home button.

Sweet - that worked!

Thanks alphawave - saved me some time trying

Quote Originally Posted by wbg View Post
    Sweet - that worked!

Welcome! I wasted 15 minutes trying to get it to work, deleted it, and another 15 readjusting to the old launcher! Damn I miss Helix! :rofl3:

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wbg View Post
    Sweet - that worked!

Welcome! I wasted 15 minutes trying to get it to work, deleted it, and another 15 readjusting to the old launcher! Damn I miss Helix! :rofl3:
    Yeah this is going to suck... Any way to change the app that the "phone" icon in the new 2.2 launcher opens? I use Dialer One in preference to the builtin dialer.

i love m y FroYo but man do I miss HelixLauncher And my Swype Beta does not work anymore ..

Use Helix Launcher 1. more or less the exact same, but works on FROYO.
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

+1 on original Helix working.

I also found that my Android Agendus Calendar Widget no longer works. I contacted the developer and he wrote me back later that the problem seems to be the new updates to the calendar app. He's working on it now and hopefully we will have an updated widget in the next few days.

Also discovered some of my home page shortcuts had to be remade. I am not seeing any extra memory. What's up with that?????

Otherwise, everything is good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links