Exchange Support in Froyo

This is a discussion on Exchange Support in Froyo within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Please report how well Froyo is working with Exchange, and whether you are/were using Touchdown..if so which will you stick with? Thanks!...

Thread: Exchange Support in Froyo

62 times

Exchange Support in Froyo

Please report how well Froyo is working with Exchange, and whether you are/were using Touchdown..if so which will you stick with? Thanks!

2. is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I just setup exchange using 2.2 and it connects. I do have a problem with it needing to activate the device administrator, and giving exchange the ability to wipe my data. I would be fine if that just meant the exchange data, but I gives to much power to exchange to mess with my phone. I think this would be fine if it were a corporate phone, but on a personal phone I don't think so. So I doubt I will be using it and stick with touchdown.

I'm using it, works great for me. I notice no difference with Email/Contacts; however, the integrated Exchange Calendar is wonderful. I haven't received a meeting invite yet, so not sure how accepting them on the phone will work.

We use hosted Exchange at work so I'm connecting through OWA. Haven't had any device admin activation notices.

Re: Exchange Support in Froyo

Anybody try to forward a message with an attachment? I never could get that to work with my exchange account but it works just fine in gmail.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

I tested it out and although the integration is nicer I'm still sticking with Touchdown. It seems like the stock e-mail client can't display full html e-mails to my liking. The default client puts all my embedded attachments at the bottom of the e-mails requiring you open them one by one and in my line of work that isn't going to fly, I need to see all those images in the e-mail as they were entered by the sender. Touchdown does just that :D

I started using touchdown when I was on 2.1. After upgrade to 2.2 I thought I would be able to connect to exchange. But I still have problem connecting to exchange server and have to rely on touchdown. I think touchdown is good but I am on 30 day trial and need to get this exchange thing sorted out soon.
    It does look very straight forward but not working on 2.2. Actually I need to connect to my company exchange account and client exchange account. Client accound works on touchdown but company account doesn't get configured on touchdown and maildroid.

Any help is appreciated.

I've been using exchange with pretty good luck on 2.2. Emails have been coming through just fine, and meeting invitations have been syncing with the phone's calendar. The exchange calendar doesn't seem to sync online with my google account though.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links