2.2 wifi issues

This is a discussion on 2.2 wifi issues within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I do not understand what that means? When I click on the wifi option it finds my router then says remembering, obtaining ip, then it ...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2.2 wifi issues

I do not understand what that means?
    When I click on the wifi option it finds my router then says remembering, obtaining ip, then it just does nothing it is as though the wifi does not work but the 2.1 connects every time, i have restarted routers, modems and even factory reset my phone and still no good?
    Is there any way to go back to 2.1 versions that gave me no hassles or is it not something that can be done?

Have you tried another router or hot spot? I may be the one you are trying is no good even it it worked before. Go somewhere else and see if it works on others.

But it is a perfect working Belkin N1 and my xbox 360 and other Nexus one are working spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marthill View Post
    Tried everything even factory reset me nexus one and me router and me cable modem still will not work anyone had the same issues mine says obtain ip then disconnects?
    Try manually assigning an IP address to the phone, using the same subnet and IP range the router is dispensing using it's DHCP.
    That's a bad idea. Just asking for an address conflict.

If you're going to "hard code" the IP address, make sure that's got the same subnet mask but use an address that is NOT within the range of the DHCP space.
    This is to troubleshoot why his DHCP server is NOT doling out an IP...once stable on the network, any or same IP can be reserved with a permanent lease in the router's firmware UI.

could someone tell me how to do this please?

Quote Originally Posted by marthill View Post
    could someone tell me how to do this please?
    I first recommend you d/l and read your router's manual...it will acquaint you with the screens you will need to navigate to make some needed changes. Search the manual with an idea towards 'static' or manually-assigned IP addresses in local (Lan) networking pages of your firmware GUI. Leaving for a bit, but if no one else jumps in to help, should be back later this evening.

Is my nexusfaulty do you think?
    I would like to roll back is there any way to do this but will try the router settings 1st can anyone do me a step by step walk through guide please?

try to power cycle the router and modem. turn them off for 10 minutes.

if your nexus one still cannot obtain an IP and your computer and other devices can connect, try to reinstall the update

Turned router off all night and modem reinstalled update and still the same it connects to my work open one straight away but not to my home just says obtaining IP then nothing??

is your home router on the list of remembered networks under Wifi settings? if so, long press it and then touch "forget network". then let wifi find it again and try to reconnect.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links