2.2 wifi issues

This is a discussion on 2.2 wifi issues within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; You mention you could connect to an 'open' network at work. Can we assume you have removed all security at home when you test this? ...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2.2 wifi issues

You mention you could connect to an 'open' network at work. Can we assume you have removed all security at home when you test this?

FYI there are some reports of 2.2 having some issue with security certificates although this would mostly be in the enterprise (EAP) and is very unlikely to be your problem. Nonetheless given there are some issues I'd be sure to be working with an open network for testing.

peace . . .

Quote Originally Posted by marthill View Post
    Turned router off all night and modem reinstalled update and still the same it connects to my work open one straight away but not to my home just says obtaining IP then nothing??

Another thought - there seems to have been some work done in 2.2 re: 802.11n, many people report far better range and stability.

My speed is the same as it was at G (about 60mbps) so I don't think the full protocol has been implemented in this version but I can connect to an N only router and get far better range.

That said if your router supports wireless N you may want to disable that to test whether you have some compatibility issues there.

peace . . .

could someone tell me how to do this please?
    You can go into wifi settings on your phone, press menu>advanced>use static ip

Then set your IP from there. Set it to something like 192.168.1.123 that way you wont run into any conflicts.

But it is a perfect working Belkin N1 and my xbox 360 and other Nexus one are working spot on

I have a Belkin N1 router as well and am experiencing the exact same issue. Everything was fine on the same router with CM 5.0.6. Once I updated to 2.2 and tried to connect to the router, the phone was stuck on “Obtaining IP Address”.

As others have recommended in this thread, I changed to “Static IP” under Settings>Wireless & Networks>Wi-Fi Settings, then Menu>Advanced. I am now able to connect to the router.

This is clearly a work around and I’m wondering if anyone can steer me in the right direction from here??

A friend helped me by doing it static to Belkin but I am now having trouble connecting to netgear at work psp and ipods connect fine but not my good old nexus as I say all was fine before 2.2
    Hope this sorts it self out soon as doing my head in !

You mention you could connect to an 'open' network at work. Can we assume you have removed all security at home when you test this?

FYI there are some reports of 2.2 having some issue with security certificates although this would mostly be in the enterprise (EAP) and is very unlikely to be your problem. Nonetheless given there are some issues I'd be sure to be working with an open network for testing.

peace . . .

Hi there struggles like hell to work on open network and always fails as I say open one at work and can not connect what so ever ?????
    Can anyone come up with a long term solution to this problem caused by udates?

Went to friends house he has a non N belkin and secured with 128 wep and the Nexus connected straight away.
    I then came home tried mine and same old story can not connect etc etc etc think its change router time don't you agree?

Went to friends house he has a non N belkin and secured with 128 wep and the Nexus connected straight away.
    I then came home tried mine and same old story can not connect etc etc etc think its change router time don't you agree?
    Agreed. The fact is, there are routers and chipsets in devices that simply do not cooperate. Since the N1 has a Broadcom chipset, I would tend to shop for a router that posseses a Broadcom chipset...Linksys tends to use Broadcom almost exclusively, and I've great success running a Buffalo version (basically Linksys) with alternate firmware, DD-WRT, which offers superior stability and user controls.

Edit: just learned the Belkin N1 is Atheros.

Just changed router to a D link DIR-615 and it is now working perfect so I am glad that is sorted but what a load of hassle to just get wifi working after a major android firmware update.

how do we hard code the IP address in 2.1 / 2.2?

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Beer Goggles View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

Try manually assigning an IP address to the phone, using the same subnet and IP range the router is dispensing using it's DHCP.
    That's a bad idea. Just asking for an address conflict.

If you're going to "hard code" the IP address, make sure that's got the same subnet mask but use an address that is NOT within the range of the DHCP space.
    This is to troubleshoot why his DHCP server is NOT doling out an IP...once stable on the network, any or same IP can be reserved with a permanent lease in the router's firmware UI.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links