2.2 wifi issues

This is a discussion on 2.2 wifi issues within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Hi All, I've been facing this problem for weeks. I've been using my this nexus one for almost a year. I don't understand whats wrong ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 2.2 wifi issues

Unhappy My Nexus 1 Can't connect to own wifi.

Hi All,

I've been facing this problem for weeks. I've been using my this nexus one for almost a year. I don't understand whats wrong with it, out of sudden I can't connect my home wifi network. Not only can't connect, it's totally can't detect my home SSID. Initially I thought is my D-Link router giving me trouble so I restarted it many many times even I also restarted my nexus1 and it's still the same. There is nothing wrong with my network as my laptop, imac and my ipod touch could easily connects the network without trouble.

I read some forum and suggested to factory data reset and I've done that but situation still the same. Please help.

Thank you

Does your nexus connect to other wi-fi networks?
    Did you try erasing your wi-fi setup on your router and recreating it again using defaults?

Have you recently dropped your Nexus or immersed it in liquid at the top end? The wi-fi chip is under the power button, perhaps it has been damaged (or failed)?

yea... it can connect to other wifi networks but just not my own network. I even reset my wifi network setting to default but still the same.
    really no idea man... if my nexus one wifi problem, then should be all wifi i can't connect but strange only my home wifi... so seems problem should be on my wifi router... but then.... my laptop, mac, ipod and many more can detect and connect. Just not my nexus one. not even could detect the network

Well, that narrows the problem down to the router. Sorry, I'm not smart enough to help you beyond that.

My next suggestion would be to go to D-Link and see if there is an update for your firmware available. After that, I can only suggest searching for a wi-fi board (maybe at D-Link?) for help. There are plenty of smart people out there who understand all this ip stuff.

Or, buy a new router, they're relatively inexpensive. And with the internet running out of addresses soon, it may be we'll ultimately all need new routers to support ip6 or whatever it is.

Thanks FlyingsCool.

Hi Jamielkl,

I have had my nexus one for a week but got realy frustated with the wifi connectivity. I have a trendnet TEW-432BRP router and like you all my other wifi devices work with the wifi. I was able to get the nexus one working as expected (have not had trouble since but maybe to early to say) by going in the advance WIFI setting of my router and change the
    Beacon Interval to 200ms, the RTS Threshold to 1500 and the Fragmentation Threshold
    to 1500. I know that changing this settings may affect the wifi performance but i have not notice any real change so you could give it a try.

Hope it helps.

N1 can not search ANY Wifi routers even within 10'

Here I am in Bocas del Toro Panama, expecting to do some serious surfing (Web). However, just before I left Florida I was atomatically OTA updated with 2.2.2 from 2.1. Since then I have not been able to get my N1 to search for a Wifi connection.
    I can sit down next to Mac's, Iphones, and PC Laptops which all are connected. I've even added the multiple Wifi networks at various locations as the neighboring Mac users show me their address and password, (resturands, hotels, bars), and I don't even get a WiFi Scanning message. I even have the Wifi Analyser App, and it doesn't even show any Wifi signals at these various locations!
    If I bring my Laptop I can connect, just not my N1. I've rebooted the N1 numerous times, and Nada! When I did first get to Bocas, I was able to obtain the address to my Spanish school router at their two locations, but that's it! (Now it's remembered, my only N1 access)
    Is Google going to fix this problem since their 2.2.2 OTA? Hope it's not another HTC return problem I've had to do it twice already.
    Is the possible new 2.3.2 OTA going to resolve this Google blunder?
    BTW, had a great time traveling in the USA with my former ATT phone/Motorola/Tundra SIM card, and in those many remote locations (w/o WiFi) I teathered my N1 to my Laptop to work 6-8hr/day/7 day wk/6 weeks and never even went over my 2GB data allowance. I thought I was real cool!
    But now I feel like a shmuck with all my N1, around all these Iphones.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links