Anyone else just gonna wait for ota?

This is a discussion on Anyone else just gonna wait for ota? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; No rush to update mine here.. it is tempting to flash it, but from reading other fourms it seems what is out right now is ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else just gonna wait for ota?

No rush to update mine here.. it is tempting to flash it, but from reading other fourms it seems what is out right now is for only the Tmo N1 and not the Att one. Also too alot of buggieness seems to come with what is out right now. Prob a little nip/tuck here and there at all should be well.

I'm gonna wait since I have the AT&T version which I guess will take longer. But hopefully I will see it soon since I live in the Bay Area.

Patience is a virtue

Will those of us who already flashed the manual update still receive an OTA notification for the update?

Being on ATT, I'm going to wait for an OTA, or at least some "official" manual Google download. I'm sure there's a few minor tweaks with each version of the phone to make them run their best.

Quote Originally Posted by windmill360 View Post
    Will those of us who already flashed the manual update still receive an OTA notification for the update?
    No you will not, because the 'OS' is already updated.
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

cxm
    I wish I had your patience. Personally I have found no bugs, but of course some apps do not work as they should (in my case pure calendar). One of the blogs I read said that that google are updating phones "over an number of weeks", which I just can't live with. I did manual update last time because I couldn't wait. The source file that I downloaded was from google, so I am not too worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by windmill360 View Post
    No you will not, because the 'OS' is already updated.

However, IF (big if) Google makes any changes prior to OTA roll-out, it would have a different release number/signature, so manual updaters would indeed get a new OTA update. Doesn't seem likely, however.

Waiting for ota update..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Google Nexus One Froyo
    Rooted ~ CM 6RC3~ CM6.0 N1~ Nightlies ~
    Was Using~ eViL's NXSense v.1.21.3 - 720p, BT, FM, Hotspots, Kitchen Sink
    Was Using~ MicroMod's 2.12 Desire SuperHybrid
    Was Using~ MicroMod's Gingerbread CM7 Custom ROM v1.2 (DT's-Ap2Ext,Bat%,Themed
    Was Using ~ BlackDroid's Nexus One - UD 3.1.0Rom
    Was Using ~ CM 7 Gingerbread Green or Blue ExtremeMod ROM
    Now ~ CM NIGHTLY'S

In my opinion:

Main Benefits of manual update:

- Much faster, responsive OS
    - The obvious updates as listed on several news sites
    - Updated radio for improved reception

Main Benefits of waiting for OTA

- More apps would have been redeveloped hopefully by then to be fully compatible with 2.2
    - Less risk of any possible bug doing something it shouldn't although I'm pretty damn sure Google have been testing the new OS for a very long time!

Personally, I did the manual update as soon as I heard the news and I haven't regretted it! I'm amazed how much faster and responsive my phone is now.
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links