Anyone else just gonna wait for ota?

This is a discussion on Anyone else just gonna wait for ota? within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; if i had a tmobile nexus i would have gone with the manual update... since i have the att one... no choice here but to ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone else just gonna wait for ota?

if i had a tmobile nexus i would have gone with the manual update... since i have the att one... no choice here but to wait til they release our OTA. ill be all over it once that happens... manual install included.

and no... still wont go root and intall the att froyo rom that would root my phone.

AT&T = waiting.

hate to butt in with my noobish questions but ive been hearing a lot of this 2.2 and over the air and manual updating etc and im still clueless.

I am in no hurry to update and id rather not do it manually (i can mess things up so easily!) so im hoping this OTA will work for me too, i have no idea HOW it works though, is there anything i need to do for it to happen? Does it matter that im in australia (where the phone is not officially released)?

For people waiting for a Cyan version of froyo you might be waiting for a bit, the developer Steve (i think?) has apparently gotten a demanding new job and has not been seen on the forums in a while could be a while before he even looks into creating a new version. Plus he did say he was not going to start until he had seen the Official code for froyo, so if he thinks this update is not the real finished article he isn't going to start on Cyanogen 6.0.0.
    NEXUS ONE
    11.02.2010 - SuperBoot Rooted
    24.02.2010 - Amon Ra's Recovery
    24.02.2010 - 05.10.2010 Cyanogen Era
    06.10.2010 - 08.12.2010 - RoDrIgUeZsTyLe´s MIUIMOD Era
    04.05.2011 - CyanogenMod 7.0.3

NOTION INK ADAM
    04.04.2011 - Rooted & CW Recovery Installed
    04.04.2011 - BEAST 2.1.3 PQi + 3g Version
    02.05.2011 - BEAST 2.2

I did a manual update just cause i was the t-mobile version and unrooted (all the requirements etc etc)

But if i had AT&T, I would have waited =) but then again, most apps don't work AS well as they should. It probably is a good idea to wait for the official if you want something stable =)

patience is a virtue

After years of intimate involvement with software development and update processes, I know better than to manual update.

Sure, odds are it will work just fine. However, there are too many unknowns for me to risk my primary communications device on.

• how do you know this file you're downloading is correct for your phone/country/telco?
    • how do you know this file isn't a hacked version set to steal all your personal information?
    • how do you know all your favorite apps are updated to work on the new version?
    • how do you know there isn't going to be a problem and a new update rolled out?

I could go on, but there are plenty of reasons to wait, and I can't think of any reason to rush for the typical user. Early adoption has its price, the more you do, the more you realize it.

If you choose to manually update, be careful. At the very least, back up all the data on your phone first.

Quote Originally Posted by lisa.nexus.one View Post
    hate to butt in with my noobish questions but ive been hearing a lot of this 2.2 and over the air and manual updating etc and im still clueless.

I am in no hurry to update and id rather not do it manually (i can mess things up so easily!) so im hoping this OTA will work for me too, i have no idea HOW it works though, is there anything i need to do for it to happen? Does it matter that im in australia (where the phone is not officially released)?
    You will get the OTA update like everyone else when they start rolling it out. It will not require any user interaction accept to respond to the notification by telling it to install.

Quote Originally Posted by bozzy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lisa.nexus.one View Post

You will get the OTA update like everyone else when they start rolling it out. It will not require any user interaction accept to respond to the notification by telling it to install.
    thankyou for the reply. good to know

I'm starting to lose it

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links