Evo or nexus one? What will you do?(for current n1 owners)

This is a discussion on Evo or nexus one? What will you do?(for current n1 owners) within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; ok, so i know this is alittle off, but as we all know the evo is the talk of the town and seems to be ...

Thread: Evo or nexus one? What will you do?(for current n1 owners)

Question Evo or nexus one? What will you do?(for current n1 owners)

ok, so i know this is alittle off, but as we all know the evo is the talk of the town and seems to be stirring up a bit of attention as far as specs and hardware etc. givin that they are very similar accept for sense ui and front facing cam and hd capapalities, are you willing to switch and why?
    my conclusion about what i will do is as follows.
    for one they have the same resoloution as far as colors, so with that being said, the evos screen is so much bigger than the n1s , but also that means that the n1 will show more brighter vivid colors as opposed to a more faded out looking screen. ive seen vids on youtube witt them side by side and the n1 looks much better, which makes sense because of all those colors being compressed into the smaller screen. and i for one am very big on the way my screen looks and not willing to give up better screen quality for a bigger screen
    secondly the wifi hotspot capalality that froyo now offers. definatly not forking out another 30 bucks per month for it.
    the front cacing cam seems sweet and would be awesome on the n1, ill admit, im a bit jealous of that, but not worth me switching.
    most importantly the updates, not being subjected to a carrier to make the decesion for me on when they want me to recieve a update that can take them months.
    its like always having the new technology out because google will always push it to the n1 first. from my experience with the hd2, the touch screen is not that responsive, you touch a part of the screen and slde it, but always your finger is way ahead of the screen transiction.
    plus if i wanted sense i could always root
    these are just my resaons, would love to hear what others are thinking, and i know n1 owners are thinking about the evo.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Nexus for me!!
    :nexusx: If you don't stand for something... You will fall for anything.:nexusx:

great....im a rue n1 user and glad to see you are not kicking this beast asied

If the EVO was offered where I lived, I'd buy it over the N1.

Bigger screen, front & back camera, video calls, 4G (assuming you can get it in your area). i'm not saying it blows the N1 out of the water, but IMO it's a step above it.

i dont like the EVO, but the front camera and the video out its a great feature

front camera = great
    4.3 screen = too big (for me)

I don't have 4g here yet, but they are charging $10 extra for this phone monthly.
    Plus read the reviews, you have to manually turn 4g off to make it through a day of battery. N1 people complained about having to charge nightly but easily making it through a day regardless of use on the N1.....

also supposedly the tester was getting over 2k download on 3g on a Droid and only 3k on the 4g EVO, not the closer to 6k claimed.

However, glad the Sprint crew gets a sweet Android phone to join in on the fun!
    Nexus One and luvin it
    Rooted 5/6/2010
    Enomther 2.10.1 Froyo Release

Just because a new phone comes out that's better, it doesn't mean you have to get it. I don't personally care if the incredible has a better camera or the evo has a bigger screen or something else has a better something. Currently the N1 is an amazing phone and does everything I want it to. If I were to "jump ship" every time something new comes out, I'd be owning 3 or 4 phones a year. My last phone (a Nokia N95-3) lived with me for 3 years, and before that I had a 3 year usage of a Motorola V3 1st gen. I fully expect this N1 to stay as my beloved new toy until at least the end of 2011, giving a good 2 years of service. Even then, there'll have to be some good reasons to justify leaving the N1 behind. It'll be still as awesome then as it is now.
    o- Nexus One running CyanogenMod 6.0
    o- Samsung Galaxy Tab running stock Froyo (update: running Gingerbread and virtually useless)

I'd never use the front facing camera, but I would love the larger screen. Still, I love the pocketability of the Nexus, which would be lost to a larger phone.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links