For those wondering, trackball colors DO work

This is a discussion on For those wondering, trackball colors DO work within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; I've fiddled around with the missed call app a bit more. It hasn't worked as well as I would like it too, but it does ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: For those wondering, trackball colors DO work

I've fiddled around with the missed call app a bit more. It hasn't worked as well as I would like it too, but it does flash cyan for missed calls (even though i set it to be red) and sms (this one i actually set to cyan) now.

Quote Originally Posted by GoofyG28 View Post
    Stock SMS (I had to stop using Handcent for now) blinks white for me. Google Voice notifications, however, blinks green.

So when you say "stock SMS", are you doing SMS via your Google Voice phone number? Or SMS sent directly to your line?
    SMS directly to my line, Google Voice only works in the US as far as I know. I'm in the UK
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Its true they do work.

By default any notification will flash White. However some applications can override this. Using Handcent (though as stated above you can’t really use it at the moment) you can specify the colour and frequency of the flash (the app refers to it as an LED but it’s the trackball that changes).

As Handcent isn't working, I am currently using the app SMS Popup along with the Stock messaging App. SMS Popup allows you to specify the colour and frequency of the trackball illumination. I have the notification from the stock messaging app disabled so they do not interfere.

It isn’t an option in the Stock apps yet. So you cannot change it for Email for example (unless you are using a 3rd party app for email notification).

Stock SMS has white LED for me lol.
    Froyo 2.2 Stock
    RA-nexus-v1.7.0
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ezeddiekun View Post
    Stock SMS has white LED for me lol.
    Yes it will do. There is no way to change it in the stock app. It'll just default to white.

Try SMS Popup if you want to change it (its free) or Handcent when its fixed.

I have downloaded SMS popup and it will not allow me to set the color of the notification. I cannot seem to find a way to turn off the stock messaging app which I believe would allow me to set the Popup to a different color. Any and all help would be appreciated.

Handscent is back guys, download the update for full Froyo and trackball support :D

Updated on Saturday night and my trackball is white for everything stock.

Red Trackball

installed FroYo Saturday night and the only color i saw was a red trackball as my battery began to dwindle.

Ya'll should try Trackball Alert
    I highly recommend the Pro version
    Follow me on Twitter @xPatriick
    Feel free to buy me a beer if I helped you
    This is what I use on my Nexus One (ROM, Kernel, special Apps)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links