For those wondering, trackball colors DO work

This is a discussion on For those wondering, trackball colors DO work within the Nexus One forums, part of the Google Phones category; Just seen people saying trackball colors do not work. They do. In the stock messaging app, when your phone is asleep and you have a ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For those wondering, trackball colors DO work

For those wondering, trackball colors DO work

Just seen people saying trackball colors do not work. They do. In the stock messaging app, when your phone is asleep and you have a message notification, it will blink green.

Also, it is up to the devs of a app to allow this feature, along with APP to SD, all dev related.

Handcent for example. Even though the app FC's when sending a text right now(he said he is working on update 3.0 for froyo) if you go into options, notifications, and under trackball color, pick any color, and than scroll back to the top of options and click send test text, and leave the notification up, and put your phone to sleep, you'll notice your trackball blink whatever color you selected! It didn't use to work, unless you had a rooted phone.

So yes, it is their, and when Handcent gets updated we'll all be able to enjoy trackball notification.

That being said, I couldn't tell you why they didn't integrate it into the gmail app, or gtalk or anything. They should have. Oh well.

So, try it out, and be excited Enjoy

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'm sorry sir but I am going to have to disagree!

I have a totally stock Nexus One, never used any other messaging app other than stock either. After installing Froyo, I sent an e-mail to myself and got my g/f to send me a SMS. Both times, the trackball flashed white, and yes, it was in sleep mode.
    Nothing is perfect, but we must not lose faith in perfection. If we did, everything would be a whole lot worse than it is now!

Quote Originally Posted by Iggy82 View Post

I have a totally stock Nexus One, never used any other messaging app other than stock either. After installing Froyo, I sent an e-mail to myself and got my g/f to send me a SMS. Both times, the trackball flashed white, and yes, it was in sleep mode.
    That's odd.

Yeah e-mail will flash white.

Stock SMS should flash green.

Like I said in my post, try out Handcent and do test text. It should flash whatever color is selected.

Stock apps, to my knowledge, haven't been updated to take advantage of colored LED...I suspect Google will do some updates after FroYo excitement subsides a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

Stock apps, to my knowledge, haven't been updated to take advantage of colored LED...I suspect Google will do some updates after FroYo excitement subsides a bit.
    Well, my stock SMS app blinks green

Quote Originally Posted by Syntax323 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by alphawave7 View Post

Well, my stock SMS app blinks green
    How about your email? /I should run through them here, I know...I'm lazy!:rofl3:

Stock SMS (I had to stop using Handcent for now) blinks white for me. Google Voice notifications, however, blinks green.

So when you say "stock SMS", are you doing SMS via your Google Voice phone number? Or SMS sent directly to your line?

Twitter
    jaymcc820
    Stock sms just flashed white for me, but incoming calls blink blue. gonna test the Google voice here in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by JayMcC820 View Post
    Stock sms just flashed white for me, but incoming calls blink blue. gonna test the Google voice here in a minute.
    I really hope google release some form of unified trackball alert app.

Everyone has such inconsistent results.

I've had my Gmail, calls and calendar all flash white, sms i managed to change in handcent (even though its FC-ing alot)

I'm still waiting for people to respond to my status on facebook. So, so far, I've only managed to get SMS in a different colour.

There aren't any good apps on the market that actually work for these alerts either (well they all end up flashing white for me)

Twitter
    jaymcc820
    I should also note that incoming calls have always blinked the trackball blue, this isn't anything new for me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links